Monday, October 19, 2015

No Strain No Gain



I'm just in from working out. The season has finally caught up with the calendar. It's cool and wet outside with the breeze which makes me ambient temperature of 57° feel even cooler to me. It's Monday and really it's the first time back to the gym this week and I missed Friday because I had forgotten to plug my chair and Thursday evening. Even though my chair probably would have made it to and from the workout I just didn't want to chance it and stayed home. I knew the weather was going to be cool. I still have my window cracked in the bedroom and listen to the rain overnight and it was chilly this morning when I got up. My brother asked if I wanted long pants but I'm sticking to my shorts right now… Don't know why except for one of the longest summer and be as little problem was possible for those who have to assist me in my activities of daily living like getting dressed and undressed. So I dressed in shorts and found a light sweater to wear knowing I would be cool and thereby uncomfortable all day.

Dianne my coffee in the to go cup that how to secure top that wouldn't spill easily And out the door I went. I was uncomfortable but not too bad Sort of like a toothache that has not gone nova. It's always a cool wind that blows down State Street. I just focused on my cell phone reading emails waiting for the bus. But the bus did arrive I was more than pleased for the hheat coming out of the door. I was early today so I dallied here and there on the way to Wellness. Stopped at Barnes & Noble checked on the titles for science fiction also stopping in Whole Foods and snagging samples were I could. Got some nice cheese samples and of course grapes. I have been out of grapes for a couple days.

At Wellness it was good to see the folks I usually work out with and it was good to see that Ellsworth was back from his nose operation and recuperation. He was off all last week. Not many people at Wellness this morning but those who were there were quite labor-intensive for Ellsworth and he was the only one on. So I chatted with Mark and Mark and Tony when he came and finally Ellsworth was able to assist me in my lifting. However, I mentioned to Ellsworth that My right wrist was hurting and my hand was intermittently numbing. I had already done the rickshaw and chest press and was working on rows but after my first set I mentioned that my wrist hurt which began Elsworth interrogating me as to when, what was I doin when I first noticed the pain and how severe is the pain Ellsworth essentially shut down my workout at that point in time. Indicated that if there was pain I was not to work out. I was amazed but I follow his lead and he seems to know what he is talking about.


I've also noticed that where my glove on my bike also irritates the nerve on my the ulna on my right wrist.I do not plan to stop riding my SaratogaBut I really want to get rid of this pain and and frames not related to my stenosis… Just another thing to ask neurosurgeon if and when he ever calls back.

No comments: