Thursday, October 01, 2015

What's A Person To Do?



It is warm and almost blustery today, this first day of October feeling more like summer then Fall. However that's okay supposedly home front will move in tonight bringing lower temperatures and possible thunderstorms sounds great and of course this only makes sense since it is conference weekend and there is always poor weather or conference.

Well we finally had her appointment with Andrew Daly M.D., neurosurgeon and I think it went okay. We went about a half-hour early as requested and had x-rays taken so we met with the Surgeon he was up to speed Seemed quite pleased with the results of surgery and the healing that had taken place. He of course asked how I was doing I was truthful as I could be Fearing the worst which can result from my answers. I have to admit I am terribly frightened of any further messing around with my spinal cord. Dr. Daly explained that the pressure and been removed from the spinal cord and spinal cord seemed to beFilling in the space which is what we wanted. The big knuckle still remains And the Doc seems cautious to do anymore surgical intervention, Which is fine by me. He even suggested more than once that with the release of pressure the other stenosis may disintegrate at least that's how I am reading his comments. He did order an MRI which I'll be doing in aboutncel a week and this will be the teller. If the stenosis Has not grow and let it stand Keep an eye on the area. However, if there is activity with the stenosis that we will immediately surgically interesting. When I asked the doc about tWhat the results might be from such procedureHe indicated anything that from complete quadriplegia to death– – Just don't know about the brain and spinal cord. He agreed with me that operation on the stenosis at best is a crapshoot. This of course scare the hell out of me and since I am not experiencing any significant symptomology of increased stenosis impairment and then I'd say fuck it, I'll take my chances until it looks like I don't have anything else to do. He was all for immediate action visiting growth… Crap. Then I read on one of the disability forums that I dropped in on every once in a while, that many times stenoses will grow back! Unbelievable.So there you go what is a crip to do?


Good news on other fronts. Make contact with Alpine medical and it sounds like I broken axle is going to be covered by warranty! As much as I appreciate the coverage it will still be probably at least a week if not longer before parts command and the actual repair the power chair is accomplished. In the meantime I am trying hard not to aggravate my ass I can tell skin is fragile and cushions I have just not cutting the pressure on my butt. Therefore I have really quite limited my travels outbound, which of course includes Wellness. This also included any involvement with the national action with ADAPT. Which is kind of bad I think I would've enjoyed more involvement with this group even if it made me uncomfortable. It really is a shame that Salt Lake disability people are not more supportive. Salt Lake ADAPT could sell themselves a lot better to do a lot more marketing of their events. The group really does need help I just wish there were not so spooky. It's all such a scam on both sides, what's a person to do.nt

No comments: