Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Bus Not Taken


This month is Fastly drawing to a close and once again I have way fewer posts that I would like. No excuse except I just got not done but I want to which is to write hopefully with the advent of August I can renew my posts on a daily commitment. Quite frankly a lot of those days I didn't write I was home and really didn't experience anything to write about. This is kind of sad in that do I have to have experiential opportunities to write? Why can I not take events stored in my head and write meaningful Cancel thatand have meaning still wish I could write just stored experience. Who knows maybe someday.

For example yesterday I think I had a great concept thought for a poem. I was writing UTA to one of my meetings over on the west side just off Redwood Road around fifth South.This meant I had to public transit for Murray about 5300 S. to Redwood Road and then take the bus up Redwood Road to 500 S. It's a bit of a journey but I don't mind long as I get there in time for needed to. I was needed at home because the appraiser was coming out today to do the walk-through. I just didn't feel comfortable leaving Dianne along when I could easily stay home and be there for the walk-through. I checked with UTA trip planner it seem like I can make the connections and be there on time or close to on time just a few minutes late. This is a state meeting and lunch is provided so I know the first 20 minutes at least is taken up with just visiting and waiting for latecomers. So I dashed off as soon as the appraiser was finished and got to Murray Central Station where I could link up with Route 47 which is the bus that would take me to a transfer point where pickup Route 217 which is Redwood Road and would take me to a block by destination. Of course Route 217 was not in it station when I got there to make matters worse UTA's renovating the station and the buses are now stationed in another area of the boarding areas causing more than a little confusion. This is waiting for Route 47I noticed another route that I knew crossed Redwood Road. There are a number of routes that go east and west which cross Redwood Road which for me any one of those routes work because I just need that link up with 217 headed North. In fact there was a bus idling and I knew the answer but I asked him anyway if he crossed Redwood Road and of course he said yes. I told him that I was just going to Redwood Road he said that's great he could drop me off. He also indicated he be leaving in five minutes which is fine with me I did mine waiting inside the air-conditioned bus now we've talked about this before, but all drivers are mandated to strap wheelchair users in our down which he did. He is just finishing this when I noticed route 47, roaring in to the station. I sent slumped in my chair choosing not to change buses.But a few seconds later one of the UTA Associates who had visited with asking about number 47 came on board to let me know that 47 was in station and I could certainly switch buses. But I told her I was strapped in, enjoying the air-conditioning and decided just to go with the vehicle I was in. She looked at me sideways and let it go.


Of course the Bus did not leaveIn the five minutes and route 47 team boarded and left As I sat in my seat In a chilled down bus.I was okay I knew as well within my time-frame to make my meeting. We eventually did take off and then I remembered, as the bus took off on a side street to meander around, that some routes are more direct and others and that is probably fought the computer had figured out when it advised me to take Route 47. But I wondered as I cruised around the west side making my way to Redwood Road about the bus not taken and instantly thought of Robert Frost of a similar decision on a snowy evening.

No comments: