Thursday, September 08, 2016

Our Man Bill


Bill working hard to weatherproof the front door



We are finally doing a little bit of remodel on the house. This remodels been a long time coming, we refinanced the house and now have a little spending capital . I think we have not done well remodeling in the past particularly when engaging are trying to engage contractors to do the work. However, hopefully we're due for a change. Dianne did a great deal of research, as she always does, and we started weatherproofing the house. I mean we're seriously doing the house. This last week we have had the sealer/sealers command and are supposedly plugging up all the holes where traditionally the heat has flown out of the house. We had this little guy named Bill as a contractor. Bill is peculiar to himself Bill is a slight man. I think Bill is a lot smarter than I give him credit for or did.Bill is almost skinny. Bill has a good vocabulary and is a soft speaker. He articulates well. Bill is one of those folks that after you get to know a bit you feel is a great deal under his surface.

When I first met Bill I thought that perhaps this guy was a flimflam man. I mean I don't think I thought he was a fraud, I thought Bill really believed in what he's doing. But I got the feeling Bill got his equipment and all documentation from a classified ad in the back of Mechanics Illustrated or Mother Earth News or the like.. You know the send away for the program, three to six weeks You get Your little package in the mail our UPS and you got everything you need to get going. Regardless of where Bill got his equipment he seems to know how to use it but perhaps that's part of the con. I really sense Bill truly believes in what he's doing. He's been sealing up the house and under the house. Wrapping the the pipes, Filling holes in the wall that I made with my wheelchair, using his special equipment to see how much there is either getting in our getting out of the house. He and Dianne have worked out a deal for his services I don't know how it works but Bill is certainly earning his money.

Bill was only supposed to be here two days. Now it looks like the project will be three days for sure maybe even longer. In fact, Bill had a fellow with him the first day's name was Colby, you know like the cheese. Colby came by the second day work a few hours and disappeared never came back. This morning I asked about what happened to Colby and Bill said Colby just sort of evaporated. I think Bill is about as good a manager as I. I'm not a very good manager I do not know how to work with people to get work out of them. Bill is just a nice guy– – A downright friendly fellow.

I hope this adventure and remodel works out I really really do. If not I am sure Dianne and I will have a great adventure in great stories to tell as we begin this next adventure in our life – – – the remodel.


No comments: