Friday, September 23, 2016

Cold Winds Blow Chaos


I was beside myself this morning as I rolled the back to water my plants and I found all my plants lying undersides are upside down. It was total chaos. Dumbfounded I just sat and witnessed the carnage. I thought perhaps kids have gotten an to the backyard willfully destroyed my struggling little garden. However a moments thought revealed to be that the onslaught of last night's storm must've produced the chaos on my back porch.

Of course the first thing I did was returne to the house and boob to Dianne of the trauma that had visited a growing area. She just gave me the “mom look okay what are you going to do now? look” I mentally s slapped myself a couple times and turned around and rolled back to my growing area And began straightening up the mess.

Luckily all the plants stayed potted through the great wind and rain of the night before. However most of plants had actually been blown off their perch and were lying on the concrete floor the patio. Though some of the plants lost a lot of surface dirt the roots look like they had stayed intact and seemed no worse for wear. I had grabbed my great hook from outside the front door as I came down the ramp knowing I would need the hook to help me set up the plants. I was amazed that how it's I also noted how solidly the roots were rooted. I almost wanted to grab the little plants by the stems and just lift them up right but I didn't choose instead to use my hook to set the plants upright. One plant had been blown completely off its little pot stand. The pot stand is full of water which I figured if I could place the plant back into the stand it would greatly drink that water. That's what I did. I noted at the same time that the plants were only half moist. I really hoped the rain of the night before we've done my job for today but no I needed to get some water on the plants and hopefully this would help them regain their footing after last night's the wind trauma .

Well, I got My plants upright and I got them watered And I hope they're going to do fine I'm sure they will. The question now how much going time do they have left? In fact I think in the back of my mind when I rolled back to the house to tell Dianne what happened I was hoping she would say “oh just leave them there – – it is going to freeze soon anyway.” But she didn't she just gave me the look. Now my decision is how long will I maintain a green menagerie. I have new fruit coming on and my oldest tomato looks great all things considered. The drag a little green butts in the house but there is really no roomIn the house for that I don't think. I don't know how long they last. Can keep tomatoes in the houses houseplants? Does that seem right? Am I just having a problem letting go? Bottom line to the planting and care? I know I would.


I tried to put the tomato racks back on the plants but they just wouldn't have it that going strong stems and wanted to support themselves – – I can understand that. Still I turned one against the wall so it can lean its fruit against the wall, the others I arranged so that they were all touching each other. This may be feel warm and kind of felt that perhaps the cold nights coming and cold days and feel much better have each other to cling to as their little fruits grow. I pushed my rickshaw 100 times felt the cold/cool fadeaway as my body heat increased and was amazed when I saw snow on the tops of the peaks east to our house.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I didn't just "give him the look." I suggested he bring them in to continue their growing season.