Monday, September 12, 2016

Tired Ramp


It's time for maintenance focus on the ramp which access is my own. I have a big wooden ramp that rises up two steps to reach the door of my house. Every 3 to 5 years maintenance on that piece of what has to take place now is the time. The ramp is beginning to get spongy and wobbly. I still think the device is safe but I agree with Dianne that we need to spend some time on shoring up the access device. This translates out to being we either a professional to do this or round up a bunch of volunteers who has basic skills to do such a job. Over the years my son-in-law Gabriel has often done such work but it really is not fair to ask Gabriel once again for assistance and more importantly they real as eczema so bad in his hands he can no longer really do this kind of work even though he would love to be a carpenter once again. So I am having to figure out a crew who can assist me for us.

If my dad were alive and living in Salt Lake Valley I would instantly pick up the phone call and ask if he could help with this project and he would he always did. So since that is not around and I have an older brother who is I called him straightaway. And like the great older brother that he is he said yes and came over yesterday, I assume after church, to look the project over. Carl – – that's my older brother – –-ramp Walked up and down, bouncing here and wiggling there, squatting down looking under the ramp and listening Dianne and me talk about the ramp like an old friend Which really it is. I love my ramp. I think sitting on my ramp all Through the summer Is the best vacation I could enjoy. I love the simplicity of the big wooden slope. I feel like a small king sitting on my ramp. I survey the neighborhood, Read and watch the weather. I feel like a poem sitting on my ramp I feel like something Robert Frost should've written about. But now I have to or someone has to fix it up.

I sort of think my brother, Carl, which is to soon do the work himself but cannot use my older brother 10 years older than I did for 75 even if he is a young 75He is still 75 years old. Carl does have a son-in-law who often comes with him by asking for assistance and he has some great grandsons too But there's a lot going on in the family right now and that may not be an option. I have a son that I'm going to call and see if he can help. I just don't know what kind of skills Mark A has in this arena. Would love to have him involved I just don't know if he'll be available. I also have some cousins that theoretically I could call I just never have before feel kind of awkward. In that same token I have friends that I could call but even if they responded positively I don't know how to integrate them with my brother. I mean it's going to be close quarters and get three or four bodies working it's going to be awkward as well as frustrating people get in the way of others will have to see.


Now, I'm just praying for good weather. My brother cannot even get to this job until after this weekend which means that the earliest next weekend. So I'm trying to get the well up call family and friends to fill out a workgroup and probably most importantly good weather.

No comments: