Saturday, September 29, 2018

Saturday Today



I'm tired tonight almost to the point of not doing the blog but I've got to do the blog. I almost posted this morning soon after I had gotten up and was getting into my day however I felt compelled to get my washing into the laundry, then it was breakfast. I made garbrock today, my semi famous recipe which by any other name would be corned beef hash but I have the twists of broccoli, onions and celery and of course garlic in the mix. This is such a pitiful breakfast/dish but I love it. I must eat my garboc sparingly I'm sure the dish is loaded with calories. Potatoes and canned meat what could be more lethal weight wise? By the time I finished breakfast, running the wash through the dryer twice and then doing my time on my arm bike working out 30 minutes one thing led to the other and now in force myself to write this post essentially of my days events.

I don't know why but I'm not sleeping very well actually I sleep okay once I get to bed but then I'm waking up during the night. Many times in the dead of night and I have to use the restroom and even after, if I'm fortunate, get back to sleep I awake again well before 6 AM the time I get up if I can't sleep. If I go to bed early than them up very early. So I try to get to bed by 11 PM which generally wakes me up around 3 AM to 3:30 AM which I doze until six when I allow myself to rise and get on with my day. The major problem with this is that I'm in that “fog” sleep and in the evening. I find it difficult to be creative at this evening hour.

I almost went to the movies this afternoon. I cranked my bike very early so I knew I had the time to get in a matinee but when I checked was playing I was totally bummed with the possibility of one Marvel of offering there is absolutely nothing playing at the Regal where I go for my movies. I'm spending too much time doing cryptograms. I like to believe that I'm being productive and providing a good workout for my brain but I think I'm just passing time which kind of spooks me. I'm even playing the one and only video game more than I should. If I were in adolescent I would expect my parents to be yelling at me for wasting my time on cryptograms. I suppose the most productive thing I've done today besides my laundry was going over to food bank and getting my weekly ration. I just love this exercise. The ladies love me. Today I not only got frozen lasagna I also got another high-end steak. Distinctive courses frozen I threw it in the freezer but now I have two really nice cuts of meat that I would never purchase even when I'm flush. I thawed out the split chicken breast I got last week from the food bank. I'm going to use the fried breasts to cut up into smaller pieces for Frank. I cannot believe how much food I've gotten from food bank. I still think I get a lot of crap, caloric crap but the protein against as well as qualify fresh vegetables/fruits I cannot not visit the food bank every Saturday.

The winds picked up today as a cold front moves through, no rain but wind and clouds, temperature and high 80s with the promise of change. Supposedly will get rain by the middle or end of next week. I heard from either family today. I'm meeting my older brother and a half sib for lunch on Thursday… It's supposed to rain.



No comments: