Saturday, April 06, 2019

Pizza Night




It's Saturday which means it's food bank day for me. I woke up at 3:00 AM the rain on the window next to my bed. The weather guy said this is going to happen so I should not have been surprised but I kind of was. What was even more surprising was that I was able to get back to sleep which rarely ever happens anymore. Needless to say I finally got up about 6:30 AM the day was still quite gray and wet outside. In fact I almost skipped food bank today for fear of getting wet but still the possibility of getting something really good motivated me to get about my morning chores to have them finished by the time food bank opened up at 10 AM.

Even though it looked nasty outside the day was pretty nice. Of course there was no sunshine but it was warm and there was no rain the atmosphere was just damp. There was a short line at the food bank but I didn't mind. I say all this not to bore you with that you know that the one item I got at the food bank which is really sort of my surprise for the day was a nice bowl of pizza sauce. Nothing fancy nothing special but I had hamburger, I had a nice box of mushrooms from last week that still looked really good, a green pepper and onions and mozzarella cheese oh yes and the small can of sliced olives which is been residing in my pantry for at least three years. I was set today I was going to make pizza. As I went through the inventory of what I just read I suddenly realized I had to make a decision. I can make pizza from scratch. I've done it before many times it's pretty straightforward the only issue is that I think in a frenzy of cleanliness I throughout all the yeast I had you know those little silver aluminum packages of yeast usually three to a strip. I wasn't too fired up about putting together a pizza dough but I wasn't opposed. If I were to take cash and I had a $10 bill in my wallet and leave everything else at the apartment I could just get the yeast and butter/margarine. I knew I could do this for $10 then I got to thinking I'll see about getting pizza dough all rolled out ready to decorate. I know I've got them at fresh market beforethe only drawback would be to use come two to a package.

I actually ended up getting yeast, green onions and the margarine I cannot believe that in all of the store closest thing they had to premade pizza crusts was been Boboli. I like that brand all right but not what I wanted today. When I asked store management about where their pizza crusts are at the told me they only carried Boboli but I could also check in the piecrust section of dairy to see what they have and sure enough they had pizza crust pack the nose tight canisters you have to open up with either a coin, spoon or your thumb is it strong enough. I figured why not should be able to work.

Earlier in the day I actually was proactive in cutting up green pepper onion and thawing the meat. When it was time I got all the ingredients out open the dough and tried not to get frustrated. I kind of mangled the dough kid that I would so can is hard to unravel once I got the dough out and up getting frustrated and just gushed everything together and just try to roll it out like regular deep pizza dough. The kind of worked but by that point I just want to get the project over with. A flattened the dough is much as I could was a very big at all. I had fried up the burger, I fired up the oven and put together the pizza pies best as I could do wasn't pretty but it would be okay to eat.

Not a very interesting blog tonight, I thought about writing about pizza at the old home front but I think I already have somewhere along the line specially thinking about square pizzas versus circular pizzas. I'm going to check that would be a good blog entry square versus round. I was pleased with myself that did not set the fire alarm off once. However getting the finished product out of theoven was a hold of the trip. In fact, don't tell anybody this, but when is trying to get the pizza pan out of the oven it slipped in the pizza flew right onto the floor. Even worse is that I used by dustpan with the handle on it to scoop it right up through it on the tables fast as I could I think I did it within the five second rule. But I enjoyed the pizza. I only ate a few pieces and they were small pieces (some trying to justify the calories I've eaten today) and brought back fond memories Saturday homemadeokay pizza…

No comments: