Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Yes,We Have No Bananas.....





It's early afternoon and I'm sequestered dry and warm in my little apartment as the spring storm is trying to figure out what it's going to do drizzle are rage with lightning and thunder. There's been a few halfhearted peals of thunder have not seen any lightning, but that doesn't mean it's not there. The storm of course is forecast: rain with the following of temperature and possibly snow in the next couple of days. Spring is definitely on retreat for the time being but that's okay. I spent the morning doing some shopping over at the market across the street (even though I kind of wish to make the effort to jump the bus and go down a block or two to Walmart and made my purchases from them but I took the easy route). I know this storm is going to be fairly light and short-lived but I like to pretend that it's going to be devastational. I like to pack up make sure I have a nice stuff to get by whatever is going to happen. It's not like I have a freezer full of chicken and beef. I got some other essentials cottage cheese, grapes, Chinese noodles and bananas. Oh I got some olive oil as well. I'm pretty well set until the end of the week. Now it would be kind of nice if I did not have to leave the apartment and tell the weekend but tomorrow, during the worst of the storm event, I have an afternoon meeting with the DRAC crew down at the office. Then of course I will have bookclub on Thursday. And I guess somewhere in the next couple of days if I'm serious I need to get back down to the community college and finish my registration. It's kind of hilarious like the inclement weather will be detrimental I mean after all I wore shorts all winter long even on the coldest days nothing that the storm brings is going to be as bad as that.



I really like the market up the street at Walmart much better then little Fresh Market around the corner and easy access to my apartments. The prices aren't that much different either. However, I think is the quality of the food/fruit and presentation up at Walmart. Everything at Fresh Market looks tired and worn out. I really have not had complaints about the food too much. Sometimes the grapes are more soggy than I would like and the meat prices are a little higher than Walmarts which is kind of surprises me. I like the look of their vegetables more. Having said that I got some nice bananas (true, I had to get the vegetable manager guy to run back in the back to get them). I want a large clump a fairly green fruit so they could ripen up. I really gotten into feeding my home health person bananas. She really starts early in the morning with other clients about time she gets to me she sometimes hungry and always tired. I find if I send her away with a couple bananas seems to be a lot happier and I like that. She notified me on Monday that she probably be quitting at the end of the month is my home health person. This of course is somewhat disconcerting to me because then I have to deal with the trauma of getting to know somebody else. Not a big deal I'm finding out. I thought it was a big deal but I've been so lucky to have gotten such good home health people upon moving here that I shouldn't be worried. I'll take what comes and do the best with what I get are just keep trying until I find who I like. Trial and error that's what life is all about.



I was shocked when I got back to the apartments strapped to my front door handle was a bunch of very green bananas from Sam's Club. It was weird I don't know why I would've gotten such a “gift” there was a sales slip attached by tape to the bananas a dollar 95 or something. I don't remember talking to anyone about wanting bananas. And now I have two sets of bananas since I got a bunch at the fresh market this morning. Bananas are not expensive I found and that's cool. And I suppose they want be paid back with a wooden made such an effort of applying the sales receipt to the bunch of bananas. I do know what to do, I don't know who bought them and put them on my door knob is pretty kind I appreciate it. In fact I'm going to eat when my old bananas, to get them out of the way, and listen to the funder and watch a little bit of the storm…




No comments: