Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Brace Job




I worry because I'm becoming too comfortable in my apartment not pushed myself to be going out and doing stuff. I guess that happens when you how about everything you want at your fingertips. I woke this morning still struggling with the sink basin which had become detached from the countertop around the sink. It had never occurred to me that someone would put our fasten the sink to the countertop with glue or adhesive. I guess over the years that I've used this sink that between the hot water and cold water that I guess I splash onto the mountings as well (as been pointed out) with my legs, in my power chair, bumping into the bottom of the sink basin under the sink. I have to be careful with this because often the hot water I used to wash dishes could be dangerous to my legs. But I reckon I do bump the basin often on.


I hope that by the evening yesterday that Ted the maintenance guy would've fixed my problem. I of course am very naïve in this part of repair work(or any repair work for that matter). However I didn't seem at all which is quite discouraging. I had found out that he had seen the problem and was trying to find the adhesive materials needed to reattach the sink. And by reattach I mean re-glue the sink back to the countertop. I just take it for granted that the sink was fixed to the countertop with bolts or whatever builders used to anchor the sink to the countertop. It seems to me that using glue is a cheap way of achieving that task and setting up the end-user for our miserable headache at some point in time down the line. So I guess Ted was making progress. I just didn't know what was going on. This morning then one of the first things I did after my home health person come and gone as well as my wound care nurse was to head on down to the office to focus some attention on my problem. I spoke with the sub manager Diana and she told me that Ted was in the building and that he should be back shortly. I could hear his voice from upstairs so I know he was on the property. I went back to the apartment and hung out but I did not see the man. Later in the morning I went out to read and try to finish a novel I been reading the last couple weeks and was out for about an hour or so and on my return something look different but I couldn't put my finger on it until I looked closer at the sink and could see Ted had obviously been there and obviously applied the adhesive and now had the sink braced into place. I was hopeful that I would get some kind of instruction on how to proceed. I had to work out on my arm bike still and do a couple other items that I never got around to finding Ted. I did go up and try to ask Diana but that was pointless. But talk to somebody who indicated that it could be two or three days before the adhesive would be cared enough to start using the sink. I also consider the idea maybe I can use the sink as long as I don't mess around with anything but I doubt that. So tomorrow I plan to see if I can corner Ted if he's here to find out how long before I can start using my sink again. I'm still in the middle of cleaning up from my enchilada Monday…

No comments: