Saturday, July 31, 2021

Storm Watch

I like the afternoon winds especially on Saturday during the summer hot months. The last day of July so I consider that still the hot months. The Wasatch front is enjoying kind of a reprieve at this point in time from the triple digit temperatures within filing for a good part of the summer. Today the temperatures are in the 80s with the possible threat/gift of a thunderstorm later on today. 70% chance so I guess the odds are good that this might happen. Of course a summer thunderstorm means winded lightning which is a threat to the combustible force lands. What little rain we might be able to get out of some of these monsoon clouds is most likely not worth the risk of the possible prairie and forest fires they could also spawn. Huge Cumulus Nimbus are beginning to bank up over the Wasatch front the question now is will they organize himself in the some kind of meteorological event? I hope so I just love the energy of the great storm and lightning flashes tend excite me. I suppose I should be more altruistic and not hope for such an event because the consequences are so risky but still waiting for the storm has a total excitement. It's Saturday afternoon which means of course a trip to the market. I'm so funny as far as regarding purchasing items on Sundays. I just like having everything I'm going to need for the next 24 to 36 hours at my fingertips here in the apartment. Today I even purchased Reese's peanut butter cups the large size and I have been chilling in the freezer. I had the strange idea that frozen Reese's peanut butter cups tend to last longer if there frozen. Frozen peanut butter cup is more difficult to chew or by the piece of that when the peanut butter cups are soft and malleable. When in the frozen state just one cop – frozen can satisfy me whereas peanut butter cups at room temp can be easily all be consumed at one setting. The main reason I went to the market however was to get my next watermelon. I've enjoyed the last melon of which I carved up and stuffed into a large plastic cake container and then stuffed in the refrigerator which I've eaten off of all week long. In fact I still have a couple servings which I'll probably eat through tonight. I just wanted to be sure I have a watermelon on standby ready to go. I also got a big container of Joy dish soap to used to refill my small container of Joy liquid which I keep by the sink to refill is needed. I think this container of soap might will last me over a year. The bottle of Joy was on sale for five dollars, it was a clearance item. If our truly smart phone got two or three of them to probably last me the rest of my life. I even purchased a London broil steak which I might come this evening and serve it with corn on the cob I purchased last night. This would be a truly delightful summer evening for this last night of July…

No comments: