Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Board meeting

  To be honest I almost missed my meeting today. I just happen to be checking my calendar the other day and all the sudden I saw that there was a meeting listed for wednesday, today! It was the utaf meeting, a board that I've sat on but seems like forever I'll bet you almost 30 years which is hard to believe totally hard to believe. I think I may have taken a break while I was going through that hole stenosis thing if I was in the hospital but we meet twice a year5 maybe four times a year I'm not sure. But it's always interesting. They provide a pretty decent lunch it used to be hot but now it's just sandwiches but you just have to appreciate what the economics of the new times are and I'm thankful to get the box sandwich. I was a little irritated at this group not necessarily the group itself but the organization I think I went to this organization for a loan or a grant to purchase the new shower chair which I ended up having to go through the Utah Independent Living Center for the device which of course they came in with a much less expensive piece of equipment that I doubt we'll meet the need but they were only going to allow me the $300 some dollars for the $1,300 chair that I wanted to replace the other. I didn't bring it up but when I see all the money we've let go for hearing aids like three and $5,000 Grant I wonder why I only got 300 some bucks. And chances are they weren't even aware of my need because I was going through the Independent Living Center which I guess is the organization you go through when you're working with these guys are one of the organizations. Since I got my problem fairly solved I believe I'm just letting the whole thing drop. I'll be impressed if I were to get the cheaper chair. All right about it when it shows up.


I find it just amazing that I've worked with this group of people for the length of time that I have just blows my mind I mean I am definitely old but I certainly watched these guys grow old. We look pretty decent as a group. I think I look the most hammered as far as that goes with my bizarre feet and weird dress habits I don't even know how to dress anymore as far as appearances at these meetings I should have a costume that I keep that I can dress up to go to these meetings my meeting board meeting costume. One of the members of the group is a retired physical therapist and she just sort of goes crazy every time she sees me. Today she was just super concerned about my right foot which tends to turn under and in. She asked if she could set my foot right which I strongly and quickly agreed to. Is the best my foot had felt all day long. I was kind of surprised because Melissa pretty much set my foot straight before she left I think I just twisted over as the day goes along and my spasms interrupted and I was sitting outside of my chair and my foot box is covered with that squirrely closet does it help my feet stay steady at all. Needless to say I was grateful. It was cold and dark coming home not dark dark but you know storm clouds dark. I just looked forward to coming home shutting the door eating some of my concoction and planning a very humble dinner and watching the Jazz lose again…

No comments: