Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Nerves!

 I just finished texting one of my biosis, biological sister, about meeting tomorrow for the first time. It's a little strange to me how this is all coming about. I'm not all that interested in developing these relationships as much as the other bios seem to be. Oddly, yesterday I was contacted by yet another sister who had been in contact with a couple years ago and now she's making sounds like she might want to be getting together as well. I don't know how I feel about developing the whole new family relationship especially at this time of my life. I've done the family thing and I'm still doing the family things as much as I can. But there's a whole bunch of Family Folk on this biological family thing and I just don't know how I want to relate to them if at all. There seems to be some kind of tension between some of these folks I don't know very much I just sense it in how they request that I don't share anything they tell me with anybody else like I'm in contact with anybody else that they would know. It's just little things like that that make me feel a little uncomfortable. Now I'm kind of dreading the meet up at the coffee shop across the street from where I live. Now she'll know where I live. I don't need drop-ins and I don't need to be doing major therapy family therapy to a family that I don't know much about at all. I did the Seinfeld thing decided to meet at 11:00 a.m. for coffee and if it looks like it's better than coffee then maybe I could take it to lunch if it looked like it would be halfway worthwhile conversation wise. Luckily later on in the afternoon I have a meeting that I I have to be at so I can always beg off by saying I need to catch the bus down to the Independent Living Center for my March board meeting. And this is true I have a board meeting at 4:00 in the afternoon and I have to make at least one bus transition to get there. So tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. At 9:30 I have coffee social here at the building, 11:00 I'm meeting with the biological sister and at 4:00 I have a board meeting Mid City on the 3300 block. I think I'll be right tired by the time I get done with Thursday.


I really haven't done much today except work out on the arm bike and pretty much hang around the apartment oh, I washed clothes that's right that's always a fundamental project to get through. However, I must admit it's not the task that it used to be now it's just grabbing the basket in dumping on the bed and folding the clothes 23 minutes that's all that much. Thankful for that tasked to be out of the way. It's still pretty early but maybe I can get to bed early for once and read for a longer than usual and be ready for tomorrow's events..

No comments: