Friday, March 01, 2024

March's entrance

 A fairly interesting day though very frustrating at times. It's the warm before the storm, yes, another storm is barreling down on the Wasatch Front promising snow and a Severe temperature drop so I figured if I do anything today I should get ready for possibly being hammered into the apartment for a day or so. It's supposed to be a fast moving storm so not too much to worry about especially this time of year each day equates to more sunlight snow just does not have a chance.


It was such an interesting Friday morning because for one reason or another my home health person, my caregiver, elected to come in and do me at 6:30 in the morning she never comes out early. That would be ideal if she came that way every work day. In fact she came today just a little after 6:00 and I hadn't even had time to shave or get any of the other things I need to have done before she gets here like having the coffee made and the bathroom tidied up a little bit. But it was nice to be done basically by 7:30. She indicated that because she has her child on Friday mornings and the kid has to be somewhere relatively early she's able to come early and get me up and going then return home and finish getting the kid ready for wherever it's going. That works for me kind of extends my weekend a little bit. I spent the morning trying to work on my kid letters to get them out. I would like to have gotten them out today but it just isn't happening. This is part of my frustration. I have one granddaughter who's in Florida this week vacationing with her sisters and boyfriend. So, I don't need to get her litter out anytime soon as far as it being close to the first of the month because after Florida she's going somewhere else for I think a couple days and it eventually will be almost 2 weeks. So then I just had to get the other kids out. All went along fine until it was time to start printing letters and envelopes. I tend to do these all at one time and don't pay attention to the documents as they come out, as I should. Finally I realized when I started looking at some of the letters that they were partially printed and partially faded and partially nothing there at all same with the address is on the envelopes. I was out of ink! Luckily, I had a Backup cartridge and then I have the issue of putting the new cartridge in the printer. I don't want to risk messing up the installation and wasting the whole cartridge of ink as well as the printer sits on the top shelf on the same level as the big screen TV and I don't want to chance pushing it off the edge, the big screen TV. So as contacting my son to see if he'd come in and help but then I realized I need to give it a shot before I start doing that which I did and it worked! The other issue was even before I started printing for some reason I couldn't get the printer to work no matter what I did it just wasn't seeming to work I finally turn the system on and off completely and I don't know if that did anything but eventually I started getting items printed and after a couple hours I got that finished. I'm going to try to get the letters to the people who are at home this week and then later on get the letters to The Travelers. And again, I don't think the people even really read the letters very closely but that's okay at least I do it which is important to me..

No comments: