Tuesday, March 05, 2024

Time gift

I had a 4-Hour gift today. When I called to see if we had a meeting over at Assist Inc I was told that there would not be a meeting, which is fine with me for some reason I just didn't want to suit up and go all the way down to Salt Lake for the meeting. I wish I had known last evening so I could have tried to do a little more sleep this morning cuz at 4:30 when I woke for the last time I could have used some more sleep. I won't go back to sleep at that point in time just because I'd be afraid of overextending my sleep cycle and not being ready in time to catch the bus. Either way it's okay actually because I was pretty much dressed by the time I called in to find out if we are having a meeting and that's probably just as well. So I figured with my time I would finally make the trip to get a ream of paper for The copier / printer and another bag of rubber bands and just to do some various window shopping or whatever you call it when you look at stuff that you don't plan to buy that you might buy at some point.


The only struggle I had getting dressed today was really two one was button it up my shorts and the other one was getting the shoes on. And I got the shoes on as best as I could but obviously not good enough. I was pretty focused as I got to the market, the superstore just up the street from our apartment complex. I got the paper and I got the rubber bands and I had them balanced on my lap as I rolled around the building looking at various other items and of course my right foot took a spaz and then off came my shoe actually I didn't even know why she was gone until somebody brought it up to me and asked if it was mine of course it was and I graciously accepted the shoe and put it on my lap not knowing quite what to do except perhaps just roll around the rest of the day with the shoe of my lap till I got back home because there was no way I was able to get my shoe on myself especially with all the stuff on that lap and travel pack and hook. Long story short I was looking around must have been looking a little for Lauren because this one lady stopped and asked if she could help me reach something and I said no but I can sense that she was a helper person so I asked her if she would consider putting my shoe on and she said yes. I was elated I tilted back in my chair extended my foot instead of perfect Cinderella prince scenario. She put my shoe on tighten it up really tight and I felt so much better not having to go home with my shoe on my lap with the rest of my materials from the market. I'm not sure what this was about or if I had to be about anything but I sure was uncomfortable for a minute or two. Luckily well I was at the market, the superstore I remember this is where I bought my shoes the first place and sure enough there was still shoes exactly like mine sitting there on the rack waiting for someone like me to come around and purchase again for another couple years…

No comments: