Friday, March 08, 2024

Friday Thoughts

 


I'm so frustrated I'm back to using the headset and the DragonBar software. Somehow I the tablet which are usually used to dictate my blog on “safe mode” And the machine will not allow me to do a dictation matter what I have tried to do. I have gone to the Internet or direction and of course nothing offered by the Internet seems to work on what I need done. So I'm back to talking and my headset and opening for the best.


The clouds were finally gone today, look like a beautiful day until they got out into it. The temperature should be freezing actually, it was a little above freezing but very uncomfortable Just the same. I didn't want to go out but it was finally time to freshen up the old vegetable drawer in the refrigerator. I used up all my tomatoes and cucumbers were long gone. I was going to have to make it fast over to the market. The trip over was not too bad The construction on the sidewalk but it didn't stop me. But I was glad to finally get into the market. I got my usual list: cucumbers, tomatoes on the vine,Sliced pickled peppers, corn kernel S, tomatoes in the can, green beans, a bottle of orange juice, candy bars usual. 40 bucks worth it doesn't take much anymore. My basket was pretty heavy by the time I started home. Luckily, the basket Was heavy enough that the load Pretty much stayed on my lap. There are a couple moments when going down an incline I was afraid I might lose my load but I survived okay and finally unloaded the Load on the table. It was good Provisions in the apartment and ready for the weekend.


I think the high point of my day – – actually there were 2, what was the call from my friend who now lives in Blackfoot Idaho and the other was based on with my brother,Who Found a flat piece of wood long enough To sit my new big screen making the screen much more safe it was most precarious. We averted a major heart break. Henry, written about this before in my blog. I have known Henry for over 50 years. We met at a Disabled kids camp As many years ago. Later on we met again at University being in the same dormitory actually. Our professional lives merged off and go on Over the years. Now, we are just a couple of fuddy-duddy old guys who get together over phone Every couple of years . It was good to catch up. I wish we lived closer, I wish I could travel to go and visit old friends spend the night of the places. That's not how it goes right now, but who knows…?

No comments: