Monday, November 06, 2023

Checks and a movie

 We've been having extraordinarily good weather the last couple days. I mean there's been moments of severe cloudiness, very little rain to speak of and it's been in the 60s almost 70° from day to day. Another cold front moves in tonight which is rain tomorrow and cooler temperatures after that so I figured I better go do something today with my time so after my home health person left this morning and I was nice and clean and ready to go I decided I would check out a movie but this was after I had gone to the credit union to try to resolve a problem that I'd had as far as I ordered checks about a month ago and I have yet to receive the order so I figured I would check with them to be sure and pick up some counter checks to hold me over and tell my other check to get here. I really intended this to be a quick trip to the bank but of course that never happens. I had a little go-getter behind the till and she was working really hard to make sure that we found by checks. Long story short we never did obviously they person never order the checks when I told them to go ahead and make the order which is okay. The little teller made out eight counter checks for me which will more than hold me over till next year. Essentially I write one check a month and that's for my rent here at the apartments. So I at least have 8 months of checks the little Bank person told me that maybe that's what I should just do instead of ordering the books of checks to just order counter checks two or three times a year or as needed. It's not a bad idea and it certainly keep me going but I still like the concept of having a nice little book of checks always at my disposal. Do I want too much?


For the life of me I cannot remember the name of the movie that I went to. It was a period piece I suppose during the first part of the century of last century. A couple big names are in that I couldn't figure out who was who in the zoo though. An interesting piece about murders of American Indians/ Native Americans and the Indian nation which owned a lot of the oil fields during that time and how the white men and they're seated again and essentially robbed them of the property and resources. It was pretty depressing what I saw of it I think I watched about three quarters of the movie before I had to run to the bathroom which took so long I lost interest in the rest of the movie and came on home. I must admit it was an interesting depiction of the Native Americans who owned this oil who had gotten very very wealthy and lived in a very wealthy way. I may have to watch it again to see how it ended but I don't know if I can put myself through that much pain and Trauma of the movie again or Native Americans being killed as well as a few white guys. There are a lot of big names in the movie but I can't remember any of them now and I think I would just assume go to lesser made movies that are not as dismal and depressing as big name movies tend to be…

No comments: