Monday, November 13, 2023

Mostly Monday

 


One of the movies I watched today was 2001 A Space Odyssey, I saw this movie when it first came out and I can't really rightly remember but it was in the 60s somewhere. I even have the movie on DVD but it's just so much easier to find it somewhere on the internet and usually for free. Right now I can get it on my Amazon account for free. I forgot how forward-thinking the movie was. I of course took it in full circle and even then we didn't call the phenomenon artificial intelligence it was certainly what the movie was all about in my opinion as well as one of the first warning flags out there about beware of what we put our faith in and our efforts. I think a lot of the reason artificial intelligence is taken on so readily now and this century, in this decade is man's pure laziness wanting another entity/ machine to think for us and make our on decisions. We as a species better watch out what we wish for it will get us if we don't really put up some guards and it may be too late already. We may have already given away the farm.


Not too cold today I actually got out and went across the street to the market picked up a few things I would like to have in stock for when the temperature does drop. I could have actually made the trip without a jacket but I took one of my new hoodies across my lap just to be sure if I ran into something cold or wet I could have some sort of protection but I didn't need such stuff it was windy and warm- - mind you, it was also very dark a lot of clouds and this is one of the reasons the temperature kept warm as well as the fact that some low pressure system out there is blocking all the cold air from coming down from Canada which is okay with me. We usually have one major snowstorm by now and as of yet I don't think we've hardly seen any snow on the floor. It's staying in the mountains for right now and everyone's happy with that but possibly next week the snow levels will fall at least that's what they're saying and that's what they're hoping because if we don't get any moisture shortly it's going to be very dry for the next few seasons. The time is late and I've let my day get away from me once again and so I may have to cut this postage short of the 500 Words I like to ride at least. As I said we will have warmer than usual weather and dryer for the next few days. Tomorrow is my assist meeting which means I'll be out on the tarmac riding the bus and luckily not having to dodge any raindrops. The weather forecaster indicated that tomorrow might even be warmer than today, be that as it may I will still carry a hoodie, wrapped around my waist and legs just in case…

No comments: