Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Timely Tuesday

We didn't have enough names or records to pull together a meeting at assist this week which is just as well it being Thanksgiving weekend all. So I didn't have to go into the city at least all the way to her assist ink is at. With the time that I had when I spoke with Kim likely the other day I suggested that we meet today and we decided to do so at 10:30 a.m.. that's a good time except for it's just the middle of the day and I have to figure out something to occupy myself as the clock strikes closer and closer to that time I have to make connections with the 47 over to the bus station train station and then I decided that will take the 200 into the Independent Living Center. I get up and make pretty good time no really good time I had breakfast, coffee did a game or two on the word mix up. I got dressed pretty quickly so it was a fast morning which means I had to wait about 45 minutes until it was time to catch the bus which I did. And I caught the train and I made pretty decent time finally getting off route 201 across the street from what used to be the badass coffee company which is now turning into something else. And then I motored into the office.


I was meeting with Kim today since he's associate director there at the Independent Living Center. He and I go back a long long time. I wanted to get some sense of what was expected of me as a board member particularly as a financial group member. I just don't know how severe or how significant they expect this job to be done. If it's just reading the report every month about the status of the bookkeeping that's one thing both they expect a full-fledged Financial person that's quite another. When I told Shelly about this opportunity to be a board member and that they stuck me on a financial committee she thought that was a great idea and I could actually go to different videos on the internet basically teaches someone how to be a board member and probably even the financial board member. At least you can learn that jargon for finances probably better than I already have luckily I listen to Marketplace which has been sort of a teaching thing as well. Well the meeting with Kim was okay we really didn't get anything accomplished to speak of except visiting and that was good maybe even worth the whole trip. He did finally link my tablet and sign and cell phones to the website of the Independent Living Center and to the special Communications folders that the board is privy to. I have not checked them myself since I pretty much been on the run for a large part of the day.. after the Independent Living Center I got off the bus and rolled for the graveyard over to the market and purchased more jalapeno peppers sliced, candy bars, potato chips, and vegetables to put in my sliced pepper concoction cucumbers and tomatoes. Then I came home did a late workout on my bike for 60 minutes been kind of had dinner and that was it for the day it went pretty fast. Outside it wasn't bad today I wore my red coat but even then the sun was out and after the morning cold had been burnt away it was a pretty nice day to be out and about. Wasn't too cold for me tomorrow should be about the same but I don't know where I'll be going tomorrow since it's wash day and I want to stick around and make sure I get that done but Thanksgiving is the day after that so I got to make one last step to make sure I have what I need to have for my little meager Thanksgiving dinner. Today I got two I got two turkey dinners one with dressing one with mashed potatoes and gravy I'm going to cook them both together and sort of mix them together on Thanksgiving so I'll have a full Thanksgiving dinner I also got a box of hamburger help not Hamburger Helper but turkey dressing and stove top which means I'll have backup dressing in case I run out of the dressing from the frozen dinners to buy Marie Callender and I expect them to be pretty decent. I'll be able to enjoy the Thanksgiving dinner on this minimal basis now I just have to figure out how to get a hold of a couple pieces of pumpkin pie. I guess I get a whole pie but just as soon have a pumpkin pie one or two pieces alone enough to get through the holiday…

No comments: