Sunday, November 05, 2023

Sunday chilling



 I've only done about half of the clocks in the house at this point in time. I figured I'd leave the more challenging changes for tomorrow morning while I wait for Melissa to get here for my program. I the low hanging fruit today actually even last night I changed the clock on my radio clock next to my bed but this morning I did my power chair first thing that I did the clock in the bathroom the more intricate ones like the clock on the Range and the microwave I'll do tomorrow. This may be the last time since our current legislature is talking about taking Utah off the daylight savings time concept. I mean I understood the idea of daylight savings time back and never really figure out how it really did that much difference are good or bad or whatever. All I know is that it was so strange first couple days when you make the change especially the the fall clock Change when you go back an hour. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to react since I needed to be up early enough to get dressed to be ready to go out and meet the kids at 8:00 at the restaurant. But I didn't have an issue or a problem at 5:30 I decided I would start getting up which I did had a little bit of trouble after the transfer into the chair or during the transfer in the chair. I didn't fall or anything but I could feel myself being at risk, real risk. I got myself situated and started off with my day. The the new chair repair is quite a rascal bug still especially trying to get dressed in the chair. Took me quite a while this morning to get my legs crossed high enough to get my shorts on. I had to put one shoe on twice but after I got that squared away I was pretty good the rest of the day which is sort of a surprise.


My granddaughter and her boyfriend joined us for breakfast as usual. It's kind of strange since they don't really eat breakfast a lot of the times sometimes Jasmine will have a scone but never a real breakfast in Jackson never eat breakfast but sure like to have him there we have a good time at the discussion is Lively at times gets a little dicey sometimes because she's such a little conservative and trying to make a decent open conversation especially anything political can get heated quite quickly. I use a lot of my skill sets to direct us away from anything controversial in our conversation. It's safe that way. But often I have to admit the Sunday morning breakfast is the high point of my weekends. It's a small gathering perhaps that's best but the nearest I can tell everyone enjoys each other's company even the dicey conversations. I really didn't do anything the rest of the day just hung out in the apartment and tried to lay back on my chair as much as I could to take the weight off my butt just because it's been getting sore lately and I don't want any nasty surprises…

No comments: