Friday, November 03, 2023

The right thing

The apartment complex where I live does not take cash when it comes to paying rent you must have a personal check or money order or something like that or they won't take your rent for the month. Typically have not had a problem with this setup. I think it's weird and I don't know how illegal it is as far as illegal currency goes where it says on the dollar bills are on the bills" legal tender" for all transactions or something like that. But like I said usually I don't have a problem and in fact it's easier than having to gather up $500 and some dollars and every time I pay my rent. So that's why I get a little frustrated when I run out of checks and I can't pay rent. This month , November it's okay because I used the last check that I how did my checkbook. Now technically speaking, I understand a person can issue a check on a deposit slip has all the information of a regular check and the bank will treat it as such. I don't know how accurate that was or is- - I learned this years ago in an old Junior High economics class or something. The teacher was showboating his knowledge but I'm always remembered it it always makes sense I've just never really done it. Having said all that, I did try to be responsible and proactive the first of last month when I contacted the bank to let them know that I'm out of checks and would they please send me some more. They were gracious of course over the phone and said sure now it's 4 Weeks Later and I still haven't seen any checks come in. Since I only write one check a month I believe that I could actually get counter checks from the bank just for rent. So of course the last three or four times I've been in the credit union/ Bank I have remembered everything except asking for counter checks. A couple of days ago I even made a list of items I want to get done in November and getting counter checks was one of them so I can't believe yesterday when I was at the credit union getting cash and quarters that I forgot to ask for counter checks. Now it's the weekend again and I'm not going to be able to get any checks until Monday which is okay because I still have over 20 days to go before my next check is due to be written and who knows maybe even my real checks will come in over  that space Of time. I do not hold my breath that the new checks will come however I will go with the flow for right now but before that I am going to go to the credit union next week and get a handful of counter checks and maybe even someone will take my image if I give him my cell phone, to show that I'm trying to do the right  thing.

No comments: