Saturday, November 25, 2023

Driveway Danger

 The temperature is way cold outside. We're getting that cold air from Canada I reckon. Even though the Sun was shining all day then looked inviting I didn't really leave the apartment till later on in the afternoon and that was just doing a fast shopping run across the street. Picked up a few things I really wanted to get by Sunday with so I'll be ready for Monday morning when Melissa shows up got some more bathroom cleaning materials got some grapes and some candy bars.


As I said it was very cold outside but I wanted to get these materials and get home and get warm a little bit before I went to bed sitting in front of the heater. I didn't take my basket with me which is probably a major mistake but I didn't have a really good hook with me either. I've been battling my feet all day the one right foot that pearls under and I have to do something with this padding that I have in here now cuz it's making my foot twist even more. So I asked my buddy at the produce area for a box and he provided me one just not bad I've had better boxes but this one will work. I did my shopping got the clean materials, fresh grapes and the candy bars that I think Melissa enjoys most. Coming back I had quite a bit on my lap I had to make sure that I had the Box hooked down appropriately. I'm a little vexed because of the construction that has almost got all the sidewalk completed except for there are a couple spots that have to force me into the street to go around the sidewalk area that's not fixed yet and normally this is done a major problem but tonight coming home from the market just outside of the market getting ready to head back towards the apartments I came off the sidewalk and somehow became High centered. You know like where the road is crowned and when you come off the sidewalk it comes down a little bit well I think because of the way that the groceries I was carrying over my lap in the Box whatever that it hit it just right so that the front end of my chair are front wheels hit the ground portion of the street and my back wheels and still come off leaving the drive Wheels not touching the concrete. I was totally high-centered I couldn't move no matter what I did and I didn't want to spill all my groceries but even then I was in a pickle. I sat there waving my arms frantically trying to get somebody's attention, it was almost completely dark at this point in time. I was hoping someone might come around the back way and then they would see me and I could flag them down. I guess the worst case scenario I guess I could have just called 911 we had the boys from the fire department rescue me but I wasn't ready to go to that point yet. Long story short somebody did see me as they were coming around in fact he mentioned that he almost hit me which I don't really think the case but still I was in a precarious and a dangerous spot. Once back on the sidewalk however I was okay and zoomed right back to the apartment. It's cold like I said even with the heater going I'm still feeling kind of chilly and I think I'll have that same feeling tonight as I sleep through. Oddly I have not heard from mark Anthony yet. I assume we're going to breakfast in the morning but usually I hear some Intel from him regarding the meet up we'll see. I suppose I'll get up early anyway get dressed and hang around until I find out whether or not they're coming and if they're not then I'll make garbrock if they are I'll just have my regular…

No comments: