Saturday, November 04, 2023

Suddenly Saturday

I did a bunch of rolling today more than usual just because I wasn't sure when the bus would be round to pick me up. I had coffee this morning with my friend from upstairs it was a short version of our usual coffee break but she got word that one of the other folks who live here quite a character passed away last night. It was one of those things where it's not surprising but it did happen. She fell and hit her head on the floor and it's all she wrote. She lingered for a number of days but gave it up last night. Her name was Pat and I like her a lot which kind of surprised me. She and I served on the same board of directors for a number of years. It's the same outfit which runs this apartment complex. I always thought she was Goofy in the board meetings then I got to meet her as a neighbor and she wasn't bad at all just kind of strange and a good way and she'll be missed. It's kind of weird we're going to a whole spat of deaths right now at the apartment complex. I better be careful. So anyway after a brief time after she left the coffee shop I decided to pack it into and went home pulled out a $20 bill and jumped the buses to go up to the movies. I had about an hour to kill before they started letting people in for the movie so I hit a couple of the shops in the same area got some coffee and just hung out for a while it was kind of nice.


The movie I went to was Spider-Man. I'd seen it before but since I'm on that program to where I can watch as many movies a month that I want to I watched it again today. Seems like everybody's playing with the multi-universe these days and this is Spider-Man in the multi-universe no way home or something like that. What's really cute about the movie is that they have all three actors who played Spider-Man over the years all be in this one movie as themselves / Spider-Man. It was fun seeing each individuals interpretation of the role then how they all integrated it together. I kind of wish they would spend a little more time on the project enjoyed the concept of three Spider-Man acting like brothers for a short period. Let me watch it again before it goes back to the small screen. It's just something about the big screen movie. Oh, the reason that I had more miles than usual on my chair this evening is because I didn't wait around for the bus the day was pretty warm the sunshine mixed with clouds. It was a good day for a roll I had a full battery and enough time that I didn't have to worry about speeding and I just didn't want to wait around for the bus it's such a pain in the butt now cuz you never know where it'll stop or it won't. Construction is still challenging but I got around the problems it's been a lot of time dodging some problems in the sidewalks and certainly wasn't very fun for my butt either but I rolled up and caught the bus back and all was good. Pretty nice Saturday…

No comments: