Thursday, November 16, 2023

Holey




 Remember a couple of weeks ago I had my home health person, melissa, order me some shirts? Probably five and all, which is a lot of shirts for me at one time, she ordered some 3x LTS and some 4xlts which are like shirt sizes for big boys or big people. The trouble is when you order a shirt big enough to cover your girth of your Billy that comes with very long sleeves and very wide necks. And the reason that I hate ordering anything is I always order wrong and then I'm too lazy to send it back or too dumb to send it back cuz I don't really know how to do that. I know, it's not rocket science there's just so many things you have to do to get it right the steps in the process are what bothers me. Anyway, I decided I would go ahead and probably keep the shirts wearing the large necked ones as like an undershirt when I need one under a hoodie or something. I can hope for shrinkage to some degree but since it's mostly synthetic fiber I'm not going to hold my breath that it'll shrink that much. Today I felt pretty interested in the day itself. There are only two things I really had to accomplish one was the coffee social and then the other one was going to the dentist for some work on some of my teeth. So I decided to wear what am I new shirts. I chose the smaller size the 3XL and was kind of pleased when I noticed that it did fit my neck pretty well and I like the way the long sleeves felt. It was also during this time when I noticed on the left sleeve near the end at first I thought it was my imagination but then I realized there was a hole in the Garment. First I thought, it's actually a thumb hole. I was thinking when I put the shirt on it would be nice to have something like that and there it was. But on second thought I thought this is a man's shirt a thumb hole be pretty stupid, but really it's not that stupid idea I like the idea specially for putting on a hoodie over this shirt it certainly ease the process. It was an actual hole where the sleeve was coming apart! I don't think I'm going to do anything about it to be honest with you and just wear it until the whole garment wears out or maybe I'll get real rambunctious and find a needle and thread and try to sew it back together. I don't know how realistic this really is. Maybe I can get somebody else to do it somebody who has some real skills in that Arena. But more than anything else I'm just somewhat hurt to have a brand new garment and already it's falling apart it's so symbolic of the age.

No comments: