Monday, May 02, 2005


Buds



What a great surprise. I got an email from one of best friends from grade school! He wrote to say how much he enjoyed my blog and to keep writing. This, of course, appealed the my vain side. I am so human at times I amaze myself. I went to my hard drive and dredged up my third grade picture. There we were sitting in the front road. I am the one with the goofy expression and my buddy, John and just sitting there looking cool. We were pretty close through grade school but with the advent of Jr. high and high school we sort of went our ways. I knew where to find John at Christmas Eve and tried to call when I could. It was always good to hear from him. Then a couple of years ago John and his brother, Tom showed up at my Dad’s funeral, what a shock—a Walton’s moment. I really appreciated their attendance. I have moved from the city and the state I grew up. This makes the challenge or keeping in contact a most difficult and the best you can do is an occasional email or phone call and maybe that’s enough. Life goes on and so do we.

No comments: