Sunday, January 21, 2007

Brand New Specs





I finally got dressed this afternoon and the only reason I did that was I had to pick up my new glasses. My $500.00 plus specks. Snow fell during the night, a small front push through but the front cleaned the air out and the mountains were visible again and the sun gave the illusion that there might be some heat outside somewhere. I was wrong. So I hustled and go out to the van did the mandatory ten minute warm up then over to Eye World (EW). I have only visited this place on Sundays and each time my experience has been weird; not necessarily bad but just sort of strange.

When I got to EW there were three or for other customers in the showroom or just coming in like me. What was strange was I could not see any staff. There was a “cosmopolitan” going through frames. A burly kind of guy just looking round like he would rather be anywhere on Earth at the moment then here. But something happed during his week that forced him to be here and then there was a family with two or three kids all looking like they could not afford to be here but I bet the “ buy one get two pair free” brought them in. Yet there was no one to help. This same experience happened to me two weeks ago but I was the only one in the showroom then I heard noise in the back and finally rolled into the break room where staff were playing. I heard the same noise this week and sure enough thats where where the staff were. I put my chair in gear and broke up the party. I did not glare but gave a good “Adult waiting” look and soon Kerianne was out to help me. Kerianne, a skinny post adolescent with black and blond hair and enough mascara on to look like a muscat raccoon, you take your pick. Kerianne is most likely a recovering goth.

Kerianne was shocked to see so many people waiting and called for reinforcements. Kerianne could not find my new glasses at first but after a search of another room came out my glasses. Kerianne spent an inordinate amount of time polishing the glasses but finally called me over and slipped them onto my face. I have to admit the glasses felt good and I was surprised at how well the glasses felt and how better my vision instantly was. Kerianne asked all the right questions, “do the feel Ok”, “Oooh, you look great”, “Do you want a hard or soft glasses case?”

I have to admit the experience went a lot better then anticipated. I thought sure I was going to be saddled with a pair of specs I would hate, but not the case. The glasses look good, feel good and see good. What more could I want? A pair which cost less then $500.+

No comments: