Saturday, January 13, 2007

Holiday Weekend






MLK day is one of those “guilt” holidays where it's hard to really enjoy. MLK is still a part of our history. We knew of him, many of were actually contemporaries sharing the same life space for a while. President's Day, Veteran's were like MLK Day but time has diminished the true meaning of the day other then th day's cherished value as a national holiday for boozing, gaming and shopping. Though I have to admit the local RC Willy's and a couple of car dealerships are have MLK sales. Gauche I know but what can I say—this is America.

I have to say that I am impressed with my boss. When I asked her what she was going to do for the holiday—he paused, looked thoughtful and said there were a couple films running at the local adv ante guard theater. The films were depictions of major events of Dr King's life. Wow, that's why she is the boss. She is always doing stuff like that. She even indicated she would be doing similar films next month for “Womens Month”

I am such a fark, I have not even gone out of the house today. The temperature is way to cold out there. I just checked the local temp it's 1 degree! The dog won't go out under her own volition. Dianne drags Ginger to the back door and heaves the dog out onto the deck to “do her business” and slams the door shut. Ginger squats, pretends to whiz then attacks the door until we let her in. Then she sprint to the floor vent under the front window where she will remain until she has generated enough urine to repeat the operation. I spent the early part of the day digging out my computer room but I have mostly read. I want to finish one of the books I am reading by the end of the holiday.

So, it “dead winter” a good time to pull the socks on and stay inside. Luckily before this cold snap hit we got the coffee beans purchased, bacon is in the fridge with the eggs. We will cook the New Year's ham tomorrow and gave cold cuts for “24”. It's a great night or throwing another comforter on the bed and and snuggling in bed with one of my good books and waiting for the cold to pass.

No comments: