Saturday, January 27, 2007

Of Printers abd Tacos

I cannot stand it. I am cut out to me a geek, a total geek I can do lite-geek stuff but I cannot roll up my sleeves and get in and do geek stuff on computers and other electronics like camera and printers. Today it's printers. The computer I invested in last summer is no longer functioning. I of course figured the problem was connections or maybe power supply or something evident. I cleaned off the printer , checked the connections and then tried to print a document and nothing happened. I was pleased to find that sense I had just installed this printer this past summer the installation disk was still in the back of the computer. I figured I would do the heavy duty stuff and re-install the whole washable. I jumped into the project and the Install CD seems to be corrupt somehow. I tried to install the software three times and no go. I cannot get the computer to recognize let alone recognizing documents to print

Dianne reminded me that I purchased this printer: HP Deskjet 5440 only this last summer and should not the printer still be under some sort of warranty? I grumbled “yes” and did I purchase a service agreement? I honestly do not remember. I hope that I did but I doubt I can find anything which will prove that I did. I AM SOOOO STUPID!!! Maybe I stuffed everything into a folder or something but know myself, I doubt it. So, I may have to see what I can do with COMPusa tomorrow. I was thinking maybe I could down load the drivers needed to bring the printer back to life I just do not know, and the thought of doing so just exhausts me. When am I ever going to learn to get organized so i can find this documentation when I need it?

A few weeks ago before this cold started with it cruddy inversion we had taken my mother out to eat, Chinese. She mentioned then she has been thinking of Mexican for some time. We said sure we would do some Mexican soon. We had been waiting for the weather to clear and warm but that does not seem to be happening. We called yesterday and invited mom out to lunch today along with my brother and sister-in-law. The weather is cold but the weather has been cold for so long that we are all getting used to it—I imagine sort of like how the Russian survive their winters. Dianne and I got the restaurant first got a table and mom's group soon followed. My brother and his wife had not been there before. Mom was looking well and doing well for her 95 years. We sat and visited briefly then ordered. Mom was not sure what she wanted and I recommended the soft chicken taco. She was surprised at the size of the taco but I have to admit the taco seemed dry and not too appetizing to me. I asked if she wanted to order something else and she did not or if she wanted some of my dinner and she didn't. She just sat there and choked down her taco after covering it with ketchup. The day seemed like failure all round but I was able to see mom and spend some time with my brother. I jut wish mom's taco had been better.

No comments: