Thursday, January 18, 2007


The pup is wearing me out. I am sure I have rendered some form of irretraceable mental illness on the poor little beast but ginger is out of control! Ginger must now be in the 14-18 week age. She has progressed into the taunting stage of her life. I will be surprised if the little dogs survives this stage. She has got to know the house well enough now that she has favorite hiding places round the house where she loves to go when she is being chased by hostile owners. I swear she has grown yet another two inches. Ginger has realized now she can use her paws to reach and grab things like never before especially food items. Ginger has turned into the typical brat literally running from one mess to another, evading her owners and pooping and peeing at will. In fact we now keep a disinfected mop sitting in the corner and we go over the disparaged floor on a regular bases.

This last week Ginger has learned to launch her self onto the rawhide couch in the TV room. Cinnamon in all her days was never allowed on the couch and I doubt there will be a special dispensation cut for Ginger. Ginger’s cage is kept in the TV room and Ginger usually keeps as far away from her box as possible. If the door is left open she will go into her cage nd actually take a nap. I have only seen this happen three times. Where she has learned that she can run and propel her self on to the couch she has not generalized this behavior to the bed in our room, the bed in Auni’s room or the kitchen table. I am sure those times are coming.

The backyard is Ginger’s domain the whole area being her reserved toilet. We thought we had the backyard secured but she has found a way to escape the yard anfd more then once when turned out back to “do her business” we have been surprised with scratching on the front door; she has escaped the backyard. Luckily she is too stupid to realize that once she is free of the backyard she is free and she could be long gone but thankfully the little dog has not done the math…yet.

Ginger runs, she runs everywhere, food dish, kitchen, check all doors to all the rooms to see if one has not been closed, check table to see if she can reach anything of any interest from food to newspapers, run, run, down to the laundry and grab some socks to run round the house with, there’s a shoe GET IT—chew, chew,chew…stop mouth full of dog food then a drink of water then over to try to jump up on mom’s lap . After being thrown off the lap or pushed down start all over again. Oh yeah I forgot to poop in th bedroom if I can get in (puppy thoughts not mine).

I am afraid, I have bonded with the canine now. When I get home from work Ginger does the craized “ I have not seen you in a million years dance and jump” and play with me because no one has for an hour or more and I will fall apart or something if someone does not rough house with me soon…where is Gabe or Mark A I know they would play with me if they were here. This goes on till nine-o-clock when neigher Dianne or I cannot take it any longer and we hurl ginger into her cage, douse the light and retreat to the bedroom to watch the news and retrieve our sanity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever watched "The Dog Whisperer"? This guy, Cesar Millan, is so amazing, and his philosophy is so simple! Watch his shows and you'll be amazed at how easy it is, but be prepared...you're going to find out that the dog's behavior isn't because of the dog. He has a great book that's available at Costco & Sam's Club & Barnes/Noble, called "Cesar's Way". I picked it up and read it just because it's a great read - and I don't own a dog right now!! Thinking about trying some of his techniques on my cat! Good luck with the puppy - she looks like she'll be worth the effort. :) Love ya, Little Sis