Friday, January 05, 2007

Double Booked Again!

I hate it when I double book myself and each time I do it I promise myself I will not double book myself again and already, the first Saturday of the New Year I have done just that. I was called by a old friend of my a bout two months to come out to her condominium check it for access to people with physical disabilities and maybe give brief presentation regarding the Fair Housing amendments. This was back in November before Thanksgiving and I said “sure! Not a problem.” Then I promptly forgot. I wrote the meeting down in my calendar but then got a new calendar for Christmas and somehow the new date did not make it across to the new planner. In fact I new I was supposed to have given the presentation but could not remember when the presentation had been scheduled. I had listed on my “to do” list all week long to contact Annie the person who had made the appointment but the days would run out before I could make contact. Then yesterday when I came into work I had a message from Annie, a reminder that I was scheduled to give the presentation this Saturday at 1:30 pm. Of course I have already promised to tend Jasmine tomorrow over the same time period.

Tomorrow I/we were to watch Anakah starting about 5:30 but with the revelation of Jasmine coming over in the morning we decided to have Anakah come over and spend the night this evening so that Anakah will be at the house when Jasmine comes over. If Anakah comes over Anakah can help tend Jasmine and also have someone to play with other then the new dog. The event tomorrow afternoon should not take much more then two hours.. I figure can take Jasmine with me if I need to but maybe Dianne can keep the two occupied while I am gone. This is a lot of balls to keep in the air at one time but I think we can do it without a meltdown.

It’s once again, Friday afternoon and I am the only one in the office. Which is OK I do like the silence. Got word earlier in the week that my insurances would cover the maintenance needed on my power wheelchair the new batteries and tires I have been whining about for the past couple of weeks. I called and scheduled to have the work done at 3:00 pm this afternoon. Figuring I would just take a couple of hours and get the work done. But then Claire takes off, Marsh falls and breaks her crown and Dawn has a toe operation and Vicky is just plain out of hours , of course leaving just me. The work on the chair should be finished by 4:30 pm. I plan to skip the office at quarter to five which should give me ample time to get to Magic rest and collect my power chair and get home. I am currently sitting in my green manual chair and it is a dog. I cannot wait to pick up my Quantum.

No comments: