Saturday, February 21, 2009

Feels Like Spring!

There is something about an early Spring, alright, winter about to be Spring morning with sun flooding through my windows, making me think I can do just about anything today. Yesterday, I spent time working on the garage trying to get to my tools and work bench and particularly my table saw-- I finally got to the saw and drug the saw out into the driveway. I had been, half heartily, planned to do some ripping yesterday but could not get the saw to a power source and by the time I had started the project it was too late in the day. I heard noises in the neighborhood, someone pounding and when I went to investigate found the pounding was coming from next door, my bet next door friend Al was busy pounding on his pick up truck’s rear wheel and we talked for the next hour. The day was just cold enough that I moved the table saw back into the garage, closed the doors came back into the house.

But I had been bitten by this late winter early spring day, cool if not brisk but sun clear and direct enough to make one feel warm enough to be outside doing something different some physical. Not only me but I could sounds all over the neighborhood. Kids out on bikes and skateboards little girls screaming those ear piercing and boys yelling one another as they ride their bikes through the hood. It takes me a moment to reorient myself to these new adolescents which were last summers “little” kids. I do believe the mean age of the neighborhood is dropping. I see lots more kids then I gave in a long time in the hood which is nice.

Other’s have been ‘bitten’ as well, Dan across the street is out taking the Christmas lights off the house and messing round in his garage definite signs of seasonal change and Lew next door is out in his land yacht checking the vehicle out—getting it road worthy for where ever he and his friends go each and every national holiday from now till Labor day. I had , a one point, thought I heard a lawn mower fire up somewhere down the street but Al assures me none had but he did look at his lawn and indicate that mowing the lawn might not be such a bad idea even this early in the year. But not yesterday.

I came back in the house and logged back` on my Face Book Account. I am becoming addicted to Face book. I wonder what the need I have and other to reconnect folks I have not thought about in years, using the “see friends” feature to see who else has been identified and then “bounce” them to my” friends” list. But enough of all the virtual stuff, I have to pay some attention to the here and now. I have my cell being charged to make some long distance calls to old friends and relatives today and then I have to spend some time out in the garage on my wood shop and hopefully dig out my chord which will allow me to power up my saw and rip some wood. It feels like Spring like I can do anything!

No comments: