Friday, February 27, 2009

Sawdust

Mark Anthony was just here. He is off Fridays like me and some times we can get together. I sure appreciate the help he offers when he comes over. Today I had been busy in my computer room destroying it. I had inadvertently backed my power chair into the computer table and knocked off the keyboard tray, keyboard and heaps of paper which had been resting on the keyboard. Mark also picked up my lamp which I had knocked down and broken the neon light ring—which Mark informs me is pretty dangerous from the mercury content. This project would have literally taken all day but Mark was to accomplish the project in a number of minutes.

Mark still had time and I have been wanting to get my table saw hooked to the power source so I can start some more ripping. I have been wanting to replace my sock stick, which I broke a couple of weeks ago. A sock stick is a flat stick I use to stretch over my heal when I am getting dressed. Having a sock stick at the ready can cut five minutes off my dressing time and get me out the door to the train that much earlier.

The day is much cooler then I thought it was to be, and I feel a little bad having Mark work with me in the garage but we got the garage open and the saw out and then had to find a power cord which stretch from the outlet to the saw. We looked through my wood stash and I found a couple pieces of red oak which will do the job nicely. I have a Sears contractor saw and the saw rips wonderfully with gusto and lust and a great shriek, which is the curse of the neighborhood when I fire u the saw on summer weekend morning round 7:00 a.m. I had not had the saw up for a couple of years now but it roared to life when we flipped the red switch. We made the cuts I needed and then Mark made some cuts he needed. But the final cut we were both getting chilled from the late winter’s day. /we both had some great cuts of wood and had played with danger and the roar of manly power tools. We quickly un plugged the saw and pushed the equipment back into the shed. We used my Japanese hand saw and cut the long pieces into more manageable sizes. We made sawdust today the first of the season. I really want to get back into my woodworking this summer. I want to make a few more sticks and hooks and feel the sand working the edges of the cut red oak .

Oh I had another broadcast yesterday., I think it went pretty good. I had a pretty good time. I interview an old friend with whom I had worked for almost twenty years. We both have kind of grown old together. I’ll put a link and you can be the judge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finding me, BurroBuddy!

It's been a great 17 yrs of marriage and at home with you.

I love you, ya rascal!

Dianne