Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cutomer Service

I really am not trying to be all gushy and all but I am really getting impressed with my durable medical sales-guy, Brent. I have been getting worried as I use my power wheelchair more and more and I have had to do quiet a bit of “tweaking” to the chair to make it just right for my needs.

The other night Brent was over at my house, actually at my house, after hours making sure that I got what I needed. When my chair arrived the cushion which came with my chair was actually too small for seat of the chair. I chose to use the cushion however, I needed to use the smaller cushion in order to continue going to work and try to get on top of the butt wounds. And sure enough cushion came in and he brought it round and changed it out at my house! Brent then began busying himself with other facets \of the chair. He ruminated at me sitting on the new cushion indicated that he still was not happy with the weight distribution on the mega cushion and wanted to see if there was something else he might try.

Brent next adjusted my footplate. The footplate on this new chair is way small and my feet have had major difficulty staying un the foot plate. However, when Brent was over he adjusted the plate so the plate tilted up a little and sure enough I think the tilted footplate has prevented my feet from slipping off, so I am not having to stop every couple of hundred feet during my journeys to replace my feet on the foot plate.

I was also not pleased with the back to my new chair when the chair first arrived. I thought I would have difficulty transferring from my manual chair to the power chair in the morning after I have completed dressing but I accommodated and I relearned my transfer technique and now have little problem. But I did ask Brent to order a smaller back and he did but since I have can transfer no, and I sort of like the feel of this broader back when I articulate my chair back I have not pressed the issue. But nor Brent wants to change out back this Friday morning, feeling the change out will have a positive effect. I am welling to go this route. I have come to believe Brent really does know what he is talking about.

So I guess what I am saying is I am just amazed at the amount of good service I have gotten with this new chair. Other chairs I have purchased, I really have felt I was on my own the minute I rolled out of the dealership. Oh they have honored their warranties well enough but nothing I have been super impressed over. I have been in sales and I felt I have also given good service but I have never given the kind of customer service I have gotten from Brent. But maybe Brent is cultivating customer loyalty—cause I know where and with whom I am going to order my next chair from…my buddy Brent.

No comments: