Saturday, May 23, 2009

FBB

I am trying, I am really ` trying` but I failing to update my blog daily as I did for almost two years. I even have things to say and I intend to do the updates but I end up letting the blog go. I am also finding that if I do not blog early in the day I tend to feel too tired to blog later in the day when I am more worn. I have been thinking about this and I have notice3d a disturbing pattern with some of my favorite bloggers and that pattern is : they are not blogging as much either!!

I think there is an insidious virus sweeping the nation/planet, one which will put the Swine flue epidemic to shame or at least place the SW in it place of marginal impact at best. I call this virus the FBB (Face Book Bug). Dooce, The Underwear Drawer, Lynnie’s Take to mention a few I regularly follow all show signs of lapses and in some cases long lapses. I mean, these guys have risen to the level of professionals, they have authored books, been on national tv and have stared on many local rock and roll morning shows. Face Book is the culprit plane and simple. I feeling the virus acting on me constantly, I get up un the morning and flip on my laptop and check for updates and notification—if I have any I check them out and in many cases respond right there and then. I write and send and feel I have met my days obligation or writing on the “bigger” screen. I cannot really say about the national and international bloggers I follow, but I do know a couple of other bloggers very personally. I see them at work and see them ignoring their talent and responsibility to update their blogs instead they use their talents on short, violent blasts of thought, usually aimed at one person or personal pain and still not feeling like they have treated their angst only increased their pain. Too bad. They have so much to write. I miss them.

Hey, don’t get me wrong I cannot throw any stones. It’s the twenty-third and I have only 11 posts so far for this month when I should have twenty-two. I am sliding, I feel myself sliding into blog mediocrity but better blog mediocrity then to blog apathy. I Face Book, I admit it. In fact I went there just now and when I got to my page I had found a couple of notifications and I checked those notifications out and then I wrote responses and in an instant I had been there 15 minutes! But, I am going to fight this virus, there is probably not cure, after all it’s a social network, and I wonder if that is the same as a social disease. So, I will write daily, if not my committed 500 words, then anything, which will keep me writing, I will write early. But I doubt I’ll write before I FB—for I have the FBB!

No comments: