Monday, April 23, 2012

Creamsicle


 
It's absolutely beautiful out there, it's a beautiful day to beautiful they shouldn't exist this early in the year! Right now the temperature indicator on my computer which I assume is registered some Internet data collection agency link to the airport or something which captures a local temperature says it's 90° outside! 90°, and is not even May yet. This is going to be a great summer maybe one the last great summers of the universe. Last week, was the bimonthly Council meeting, which a lunch is supplied to our Council members which of course all leftovers are property of staff. Leftovers this lunch consisted of rice, braised vegetables, and chicken breasts in a goopy soup that is very good. Actually, one breast is enough for lunch especially when on a bed of rice and that's what I've been having since last Tuesday's Council meeting. The challenge is how to change this combination enough to keep one's interest in finishing off the whole entrée. Since there are only three of us in the office this week and the other to refuse to leftovers for one reason or another I've got the whole ball of wax. Today for instance, I chopped up one chicken breast placed it on some rice and mixed in a can of chicken rice soup that Frank donated to my cause. I nuked it for 5 min. and it was pretty good but I still needed something. Due to the heat outside my window I felt it would be good to go to a little placed not far from our office about half a block and get some sort of ice cream confectionery, you know ice cream sandwich, Fudgsicle, Creamsicle I just feel ice cream sandwich. I was totally shocked when I got to the the rainbow market didn't have anything like that I was blown away. The weather is so nice and I had near a full charge by battery might be fun see how far I'd have to range defined ice cream on a stick or sandwich. I have a block further West of the rainbow market is the access point to a large downtown open mall and I know one place in the small, quite a ways out of my way, is a Ben and Jerry's which I know you get some excellent ice cream but it would go that far. I found a Chocolate Factory they really never knew was there but was delighted to find they did have some form of ice cream. I knew the charge for this treat would be exorbitant to the heck, order two scoops the small waffle cone headed back to work.

Now I'm sure mentioned more than once that my office as well as the downtown mall is an extreme proximity to the downtown shelter which is kinda weird when you think about it high-end upscale selling neighborhood next to the poverty-stricken Utahans . One must remember that it's hot outside 90° right this minute and I had two scoops of vanilla bean ice cream melting away making me look like mad and try not to give myself covered in white sticky goo. Across the street from the mall and passed the section a block home to the Shelter. Courses lunch time there were lines out the door were mostly men stood in line waiting for a sandwich or two the bottle water to get into the rest the day. I continue to rapidly lick my two scoops of ice cream and vanilla waffle cone and try not to look back and ice cream prayed one person.

Fortunately, for me, something is going down the shelter, something not good, my afternoon travels were briefly halted by fire engines raging down the street past my corner and down further to the shelter – – nobody was thinking about my ice cream anymore. Emergency vehicles, were followed by and by police vehicles which made the Monday lunch hour and sideshow complete. Like I said sirens are never good. Within months the local weather guy has said we are going to be in for a hot one the summer I believe them... I just have to find another way to the mall.

No comments: