Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Meat Locker

One of the vehicles to ride us to the air terminal...

The weather in Salt Lake has been beautiful for last couple of days – – I mean beautiful beyond spring 60° days of warmth but full-blown early summer degree readings 85° – 90° readings. Were talking spring fever elevated the spring plague. The giant problem with this is that going back to anything less than 70° is like entering the frigid zone. So anyway with the first three days this week being such perfect weather I was looking for any reason I could to get out in it. So in a meeting popped up on my calendar I spaced out which was a trip to the air terminal I figured today was as good as any unit the office check in the public transit daytime.

I sit on the Salt Lake City Access Board, our job is to assist Salt Lake make in their city more wheelchair friendly. Of course, this is a volunteer committee, they always are, sometimes include lunch and a free lunch is always justifiable. Not only that but the the Salt Lake Airport Authority had their new accessible transit vehicles pick up our Council at City Hall to transport us out to the airport for the lunch and the meeting. I know I tend to dress my life with a certain amount of cynicism but I have to somewhat admit that yesterday's adventure was nearly perfect. I got to City Hall okay, the right out to the terminal went without a hitch, I fell asleep on the bus that was transporting us which is really great. The lunch was a cold lunch – – I wasn't expecting much more so that was cool and the presentation was actually relatively interesting if not low key. I couldn't tell if the if airport administrator who was presiding over the meeting was very serious about his job, he was really laid back. Had to admit it was a bit of a struggle staying awake after the lunch but I did and even made nice with other members of the Council which I thought maybe a little batty. The only drawback if there was one was the temperature in the airport at least the meeting area we were in the so-called you could legally hang meat in their and it would stay perfectly safe. Why is it is just the shell a little heat people start moving their thermostats all the way south on the selection slide. Even the bus ride home I noted was much cooler than the right out or maybe it's because I was conscious going home. Fortunately, the folks at the office have not lowered the temperature yet. But I know it's coming. So, you need to make sure I have one piece of foul weather clothing out and available. Tonight, a cold front is slated to move in Salt Lake with rain tomorrow and the temperatures dropping below 60° line. This is just going to suck. I just have to keep telling myself it is only April, and 60° is good for April but I've been bitten by the summer bug just have to dress appropriately.

No comments: