Wednesday, April 04, 2012

That's Life

I have been sitting round the past couple of months having folks in my life work on finding me a position with in the State system so I can keep my health insurance. Two of the key players, my boss and the director of human services have been in and out of their offices the past couple weeks. So if something is being done, or has been done, I haven't heard anything about it. I'm not sure how aggressive I need to be in finding another position, on my own but this morning something clicked. I don't know if it was just an new application of testosterone but I begin sending my resume out to anybody I feel might have any power at all in hiring me.

One friend, is an individual with a disability attorney in the Atty. Gen.'s office and true he of the him self may not have any hiring capability himself but he sure knows was going on in his agency and I know he knows a lot of people. The other individual is a friend of mine from my past life in IL. He and I share similar laws same ideas and thoughts but I've lost contact with them over the past couple months or years. He's been bouncing around in various directorships within the State and I have just lost track of him. Today I did earnest search for good old wearing and found them and sure enough he is in the director's position in another State posting. We talked, we had a good conversation and I e-mailed a copy of my resume. Hopefully he'll check it out maybe, just maybe, he might be able to pull a rabbit out of his hat and find something for me to do. The more I've thought about this reconnection the more it feels right. The cell understands disability, as few other folks within State government does any he understands the bureaucracy I have a lot of faith in him or maybe I'm desperately grasping at straws.
So there you have it, I have sunk to making contact with friends and some cases old friends in hopes of finding somewhere to end up after June 30. Don't feel bad either, it's like this is what I was supposed do. Yes I know "the old buddy system". Is it fair, does it work but really it's the way things are, to you know and how well you know them. May not be fair but that's life.

No comments: