Friday, April 20, 2012

Hurry Up and Wait

Right now my new boss is meeting with my old who will actually stay my boss as I am outsourced to another call room—away from the State. This will work out that I am technically still with the state but not at State facility. Of course the door is closed here are pretty thin if I concentrated I could make out what they are speaking about. There is a lot of talking going on and the talk seem friendly.

It kinda sounds like they're discussing how to dismantle the program I run now, things like my website, my broadcasts, and the advisory board that I quarterly reported to. It is also what seems, a lot of talk regarding the vendors who traditionally has paid my salary. How they will stay involved with the switchover I don't know. I think my boss is also sharing with the new boss carries of reasonable accommodation she feels I might need in making the transition. A lot of the stuff I will not be able to really answer until I see the new physical layout and specifically what my area looks like.

Okay, so this is the plan as I understand it, I will be leaving this office that I have had for the last 12 years, and I will shift to a phone line in desk, cubicle, over at the local United Way Agency, United Way as everyone knows is a private nonprofit agency, but I will continue being a State employee. When my current funding exhausts itself June 30, 2012 I will be hired by the DD Council formally. I will be working as their employee training United Way operators to answer disability related questions. Currently questions regarding disability are forwarded over to my operation here with the State.

New information this afternoon, I had really expected the results of this morning's meeting to give me some clear information of how I was to be integrated in the 211 system. But as it turns out there's still nothing if it, which is kinda spooky because it really doesn't say were I'm going to go yet. However my boss did pull me aside, realize that this is probably frustrating for me, and rehearsed to me that regardless of what happens, the worst case scenario, would be be staying at this office until the second pay. February when I'm slated to enter early retirement. Which is okay with me which is what I would want anyway if I could. The boss of the phone room over at two and one has to take this new information back to her people and see if there's a way to integrate me in to their operation. Of course the big hangup is money, the new boss wasn't of the idea that I was going be bringing along a pile of money and that's just not the case. So once again there are things in the air and will just have to wait and see. I have to bit thought get a bit antsy on what's going to happen to me or rather were I'm in and up…

No comments: