Friday, May 18, 2012




I was out sick the first two days of the week because I had to endure another skin breakdown on my butt. I don't know what happened on Saturday and Sunday I don't know fuzz up to long are sitting Touche to crazy I don't know. What I do know is that my skin begin to break down extremely quick. So the days of been fairly quiet at the office and I decided to take the first two days of the week off to see if I can clear up the skin issue is much as possible. Thursday before I left the office I noticed there was an e-mail from my new boss Amy – – that sounds so strange to refer to her as the new boss. This is especially true since technically she will not be my new boss since as I understand things I'm going to be there only on loan as we work out the time issue of me becoming 62 and legal for retirement within the state system. But the e-mail said here is the name of somebody contact our office would like you to come over and check the surroundings make sure it's accessible for you and so we can make any changes that might need to be made to your workstation. There was communication with the new office. Somehow all this which is been happening to me recently has been sort of surreal my like I know them leaving but just hasn't really sunk in until the e-mail. Well I was sick the first two days but I figured I better get my butt in gear and make arrangements for the role through of my new workstation. I do not want these people to think that I did not appreciate them bringing me in to their hive, even if my boss here is going to continue to pay my salary in eyes bring my own equipment.

The first two days of the week were absolutely beautiful clear skies, temperatures in the 80s I really wished I had been at work even if just to take off lunch cruise around the concrete and enjoy the warm days of an early summer. Well I called Patty when I got back made arrangements to stop by that office yesterday at three o'clock and afternoon. Now our offices been light all week the boss and the secretary had taken off for hinter parts of the state to provide sooner support in those areas. They should be gone all week. And the boss and staff have been concerned about my fragility sort of leaving the office early to get home to get the weight off my butt. So anyway I took off yesterday about 2:30 PM
caught the bus which struck me off almost directly in front of the building.

The building is a relatively new building lots of glass lots of flat surfaces so I was a bit surprised when I saw there was a porch lift the front of the building to raise me up a host of stairs to get to the entrance. I was even more surprised to find this lift didn't work. Had dutifully written down Patty's cell phone number from her e-mail and I tried to call but couldn't but each time I called got the wrong number I still can't believe that. I did get a holder finally she came out got me and took me around to the back which is the best country to the building. On the front of the building are signs of companies in the building that seemed to be a great deal but inside the building that it feels almost vacant, quiet. There seems to be many locked doors. In the office space I was greeted by Amy another staff who all seemed genuinely happy to see me, eggs and excited to have me as part of their working group. I picked my own workstation which is a cubicle course of the fairly large cubicle. There are many workstations but there seem to be only a few operators which again shocked me from what I remember 211 had many operators. Now seem to be only one Spanish-speaking operator and the rest of us. The whole area still smells new – – and he tells me they've only been in that space two months. Things are still being done physically to the area. I essentially told what I needed to make my workspace accessible to talk a little bit of the questions that need to be asked before I really go to work there. Those questions well be handled between my current boss Claire and any who will duke out the fine print. But I feels good to be a good match and somewhat cozy similar to the work environment I'm in now. I'm a bit excited but a bit spooked I could tell these folks seemed to be hoping that I will be a benefit to their project. He seemed dismayed when I told them I cannot bring over a database as somehow the database I have here corrupted and disappeared years ago. But they bounced back from that news indicating it will develop one together regarding disability questions. What's weird only anxiety I had over this whole work thing work change was watching television last night at home and begin to wonder if I'm up to this new project. I think I am. I think I'm excited assist now see if I can do it. It looks like at this point I'll be transitioning to that building sometime in July. There was talk about doing the transition as early as June 11 but that doesn't seemed to be going to happen. I was kind of shocked that I felt a little bit let down that I would have to wait so long to make the transition. This is a good thing?

PS--I just liked this image







No comments: