Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I Wish It Were Me




It's been a bit since I last posted, in fact it's been a national holiday, three-day weekend a major family function on my part well my what my part more like on Diane's. The end of May is just loaded with family functions. Asher the newest grandson to the family birthday was over the weekend. Ashley birthday coincided with Brooks'visit. Shelley's birthday was yesterday just whole lot going on. And I'm not even yet going to talk about the tools birthday Bridget and Mark A's birthdays which happens first week of June = next weekend. Oh yeah and Anakah's sixth grade promotion is today which I think is a little over the top but I could be wrong.

Weatherize last weekend sucked, which is okay since good part of the weekend was spent going out to eat or hosting meals that are home for Brooks and family. I tried to stay away as much as I could but still participate as much as I could. We had gumbo and we had chicken and dumps a favorite of Brooks and I eat my fair share without grimacing, gagging or complaining. I have to admit I think I'm beginning to like Gabe's gumbo that even joyed the chicken and dumplings the chicken and brought more than dumplings but I did okay, all things considered. The days were cold, scattered showers the weekend was a goner.

Brooks flew out Monday morning and the world is returning to normal. We even grilled chicken last night. The summer has started meaning television viewing is nonexistent, it's a rerun desert. So, we easily and retire early – – which is okay during the week since I give up so early. I'm reading Norman Goundary's latest novel. I have the model saved in a format that all my handhelds and read so even going to bed early – while some still out and being productive and working through my summers reading list. I must admit Norman's novel has sucked me in. I'm vowing not to become Norm's editor, because Norm needs an editor. Content is provocative, I am enjoying the content and maybe the lab will go back and clean the book up before he turned it loose on the data sea – – either way I am pleased to be able to read his volumes before anybody else. I guess I must on my side of the social contract now and give Norm and honest critique but that will be difficult because I don't know how thick-skinned Norman is. And I did how serious he is when he says let him know how I like it to me and put I'd like to give. Weird, I don't want to be an editor for free. But I must admit the idea of editing would be so cool but editing is a lot of work and after the gleam will then what but a and/or live writer, someone who actually writes. I wish it were me. 



No comments: