Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Two for One!!

I am finally back to work after being gone two days. I was scheduled to be got only one but as things go to one day morphed into two and I can truly say was a bit of a nightmare. Monday is by scheduled colonoscopy. I don't seem to dread colonoscopies as seems some do, the colonoscopy is not far but is a necessity of life. I had experienced the colonoscopy before the siphon the prep wasn't so bad. So I came into this colonoscopy knowing full well what was to be expected in fact it was better than expected in some ways as far as the prep is concerned. The flush the use this time was administered over a 12 hour. Caspian drank at the beginning that half four hours before the scheduled colonoscopy. And the material used when mixed with Gatorade really went down a lot better, smoother that I remember drinking before. The only difference really was that before in just almost a gallon of liquid which is quite daunting but certainly clean the bowel out and that was the goal. Oh, also the first time I literally spent the whole night on the toilet.

So I began the initial prep Sunday which was a day of pretty much fasting, was able to drink fluids and Sunday evening beginning a total prep. I had my tablet and Internet connection so even if just sitting around I would have something to do to take my mind off what was happening to my system. And I have to admit the evening went pretty swiftly set on the pot to about 1030 or 11 o'clock it actually went to bed. Monday morning about six to drank the rest of the liter, showered and shaved and got ready. We were a little concerned says for I was passing didn't seem to be as clear as the first time I got through this process so we called and to see if we would need to go and of course they wanted us and so we went. I'm sure enough after we got there and checked with it many nurse who checked with the doc they turned us away sent us home to redo the prep. Now this was disheartening and that I was really beginning to look forward to breakfast in the thought of having to fast a whole whole additional day was just defeating. But, I took it in stride saddle up and drove back to the house: my boss let her know be out another day.

The second prep seem to move a lot swifter and all accounts just in nearly flush, going to bed early and have a good night(that was surprising and an added bonus) if there was a drawback it was they had to schedule me in wherever they could and I was not scheduled to be at the hospital until 12 o'clock but the morning one fast seven Dianne I were University bound. We actually got there 45 min. early in the took us right in sense would pretty much done everything the day before resume through processing and I got into the endoscopy area, changed and was ready to go. My doc was a guy named Bowers interesting fellow just shy of a personality but not as droll pathologist. The process was quick the masked with oxygen put me under and soon I was in recovery. Dianne during my recovery tool when Dr. Bowers came in and gave us the talk to. I was clear, a great preparation, a few issues that nothing I did expect just no polyps and no cancer that is good. But what was weird Dr. Bowers continued asked me questions about myself, my life with a disability, and how well I have done. He would leave he just stared and stared making Dianne and myself most uncomfortable – – but sort of in a good way. But finally, he turned us loose on my two-day saga was over. I did two preps fasted almost 3 days and I was clear. A pretty good day.

No comments: