Sunday, May 13, 2012

Kid Day Revisited




The day did not start out as a kid day as much as the day started out as a way to keep my granddaughter, Anakah entertained. The 12-year-old is any American girl on the threshold of adolescence takes a lot of energy to keep entertained. So with that in mind I knew the best option was to do something on public transit. Since I have a pass and enough tokens to keep us traveling free of charge for hours it only made. And since I was still fresh from the journey I took earlier in the week to Clearfield Utah I figured a bus and train trip might be the easiest way to go.

It took a while but finally Anakah finally woke and worked with her grandmother on producing a waffle breakfast that could not be beat and soon we were ready to head outbound and begin our journey. Dianne dropped us off at the train station conserving my batteries. The day held promise still just teensy-weensy cool, I decided to travel just a hat and a longsleeved shirt. It was two or three a clock in the afternoon as we started out which in my estimation is very late but an adventure is an adventure regardless of the time of day. As we're traveling inbound to the new Salt Lake City mall City Creek I received a phone call from Mark Anthony asking if we still need his assistance cleaning out the garage. That was last week's tasks we did get that pretty much completed so we informed him we were out on an adventure and yes that he and Jasmine to join us resell of course.


As I've indicated before Saturday public transit is always interesting not plain frightening. I had the idea during the trip that the training was loaded with train zombies. We talked about even developing a game, video game, train zombies. Actually idea really interesting game sharing we don't have the skills to do the development. Belly wanders through the mall, the new mall and was astounded at the amount of other people at the mall. The good thousands it was hard to say but we went to the food court got something the and waited for Mark and Jasmine to catch up. I should back up a little here and mention we were expected back no later than eight o'clock – – what seemed like forever to me – – but I begin to notice the time seemed to be fleeting. Mark and Jasmine finally joined us. We doubled back to the food court where Mark and Jasmine got something to eat and Anakah and I continued to people watch and worry about zombies.

As kid days go, this kid day was pretty sedate. We watched a lot of people, who watched people spend money. Anakah scored big time as she wandered in and out of high-end stores grabbing as many samples she could get her hands on a perfume and any other items that were free. Anakah finally did purchase a couple so pieces which is kind of obligatory for Mother's Day. We hung out, watched people, hooked up with a son and cousin. There was a grand day even if I ran my power chair dangerously close to exhaustion. We had call grandma once regarded to our home station to came out and saved us in the van. Nice kid day though will have to do more.


No comments: