Monday, May 07, 2012

Something To Think About

 Ani in the boat at sportsworld

This weekend was no last weekend by any definition of the phrase lost “weekend”but certainly this was a weekend her again my services as a family member seem somewhat minimized by my disability; which is cool, and I should not let this bother me ,but I'm finding that my lack ability of being able to assist in this projects is becoming more and more frustrating. So I spent a lot of time keeping out of the way of the worker bees. Add to the fact that this weekend the temperature is not all that warm, so I cannot spend time out in any of my usual hiding places basking in the sun and reading. I enjoyed the efforts of my family though in a concerted drive to clean out the garage which is my other refuge in life or I keep my wood shop as it is. So, Gabriel Mark A and Dianne spent the day in the garage separating useful things from garbage and putting the garage in order. So now I can get to my workbench and my tools and I just have to set up my wood lathe and I should be ready to go.

The secondary project of the day was to clean out our guest room which has been a depository of many things and was time to clean it out. The guestroom in many cases is also the granddaughter room or in this case Ani's room, and has not been accessible to on Ani for about a year now. Well, this room was cleaned out as well and I spent the night in her room. So Sunday morning I was able to get dressed Dianne and Anakah were at breakfast at the village Inn. On the return Dianne was so exhausted from the work the day before and Anakah was still interested in exploring some of the afternoon. As powered up, dressed ready to go so why not. He first went to Starbucks and got coffee and watched the Barbies come and go and waited for the bus which we are anticipating taking to the train station going to the city. About forgotten that the local transit authority had cancel all Sunday transit except for the train. So he get to the train year okay if not zero way out of luck so looks like we're going to do something local spent rolling for me but walking for the adolescent. So the afternoon was spent wandering through Toys "R" Us and the big sports store next to Toys "R" Us. It was fun to even took a break and enjoyed the lunch at Subway. The afternoon was a good time with finally returned home about 4:30. It's been a great day together, I didn't even mind Ani's best efforts at trying to get me to purchase her an MP3 player. I didn't of course this weekend, but I certainly keep it in the back my mind that is something she really desires at this point in time. She even suggested to the point of of willing to work for such a device-- like mowing yards, clean up rooms and who knows what else might be helpful. Something to think about.

No comments: