Sunday, January 24, 2016

Another SNF Sunday

Another SNF Sunday which means no therapy in a lot of just sitting around. It snowed during the night one of the staff members had an accident which meant me getting up late which is OK I roll with it. Not a lot of snow compared to Washington DC and Baltimore but it's enough to where it could mess up travel I suppose. It's totally weird being here inside warm and dry watching the snowfall feeling guilty because I am NOT part of the outside and having to suffer like all the able bodied people who do not have to be in a SNF today. I was so late getting up I decided to have breakfast in my room and work on the blog as well as Facebook. But once again I'm having a major issue trying to have the machine record but I have dictated, rather save but I have dictated. This is beginning to drive me crazy as well as giving me impetus to seriously consider the purchase of a newer tablet. I mean I love this tablet that I'm using, I love the Samsung but I realize the machine is ancient by computer standards. And I'm just spook that I'm just using the ancient excuse as a reason to get a new system or tablet. Every time I take it in to Best Buy they always whine about how old is tablet is and that is why it's so slow there's just such and increase and software capability since I purchased this tablet that the tablet is struggling to keep up with the new innovations in the computer world our internet world I guess. I am surprised at how much I am using this tablet now with my dictation - - actually I really have not had much choice since I do not have access to my laptop and that's by choice to a certain degree. I just want to limit the amount of stuff I have here at the facility.

Well, I shot myself in the foot I did the thing that I knew better not to do and I did it anyway. I turned on the television set or the flat screen whatever and I got caught up watching one movie after another and soon my day was eating. Went to dinner SAT by myself and that was that. Dinner was less than stellar: Monte Cristo sandwiches and macaroni salad it was not good. I choked on enough but eventually ended up taking the rest of the sandwich apart and eating the turkey and the ham but just left. Not worried about not having enough to eat I have been fed well the other meals of the day. Now I'm just feeling remorse for having wasted so much of the day of course there was the visit with Mark A and Dianne which was great. We talked a lot about mark a new job and how well he was doing  new job and how well he was doing in the job he's kind of sick right now which i think is play get him a little bit. But he seems almost passionate about the job. Dianne is very supportive and we just had a good lunch. Kristie called and mark had to leave Dianne took that as her break to leave as well. They had to get back to their lives and I understand that cuz I sure had to get back to mine, television for the rest of the day.

There was one of the high point of the day that was when the lab guy showed up and do a couple vials of blood. I thought she was going to do it I forgot what they're going to test for but it was all precipitated by the slight temperature I had last week. So that's another Sunday at the SN f.
.

No comments: