Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Laundry Mystery




Today is like the third day since I had staff take my clothes to be washed, in fact I'm wearing the clothes today that I wore yesterday because I had no clean clothes to wear. Really quite fortunate in that I didn't soil pee on the clothes really yesterday so I could get away with wearing the same clothes again. & I don't find that at all in fact I think that I should do that as much as I can so I don't have to go through this stress anymore than I have to.

So I have not seen it in writing nor have I been told by administration that staff is not to do the laundry of folks who live local but I've gotten a strong impression that people who live locally should have their families their wash or something like that, so I have felt a little at ease pushing my whole agenda of clean clothes but you gotta do what you gotta do. So I am blessed with having a couple CNAs who are willing to take my clothes down to the laundry in the basement and running through the wash. It certainly helps us out a great deal however I always think or feel like I'm cheating at something.

The first couple of weeks I didn't even realize this was an issue , in fact I lost a whole stack of clothes. I am Not sure what happened Dianne firmly believes one of the nurses sent the black bag of clothes to the garbage thinking that she was sending the clothes down to the laundry , since the laundry chutes, since the laundry chute and the garbage chute are close together. This is quite painful sense I a lot of the clothes in that bag where my favorites particularly a large red oversized long sleeve tee. I love that shirt. I've never given up hope that they might show up but I doubt that really ever going to happen. I've gone down the laundry myself and they're just not that many places the clothes could be. We actually ended up buying more clothes at the savers in town which is not really all that expensive it just a pain in the butt and I still kind of feel violated.

So anyway couple days ago it was a good time to have the clothes washed the girls took them down to the laundry and usually other done on the same day. But I don't know for a bunch of reasons the laundry never got done. Its not like I am going to complain to the administration cuz for one this shouldn't be doing my laundry in the first place, into appreciate them taking the risk, & 3 I just flight clean clothes when I need them. So everybody promised they were going to do that then I guess I just keep forgetting even last night one night my night CNA , John said he would go down, when things slow down about 3 a.m. and get the clothes folding to bring him up to my dresser drawers that never happens. If you just can't complain cuz ' they are doing you a solid to begin with even, if I'm just saying it, it makes you feel good and you want to believe they're telling to you straight.

Painful as it was I brought up the fact that had my clothes gotten washed? And I always insist that I will fold in myself that's pathetic as that looks and sounds. My CNA so now that cool I've got it and sure enough before I got back to my room from dinner the clothes  my bed for me to put into my drawers.

I greatly appreciate but my friends, the CNA's do for me.. but every time the clothes go down to be washed I freaked out thinking that going to get lost again or whatever. I just have to buck up 5 more weeks that shouldn't be an issue any longer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

supply and install laundry chutes
I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.

Anonymous said...

supply and install laundry chutes
I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.