Monday, April 25, 2016

Becoming A BetterMe


It was cold and dark and gloomy this morning as I sat up and headed out the door for my outpatient there. The weather is going to be cold and rainy all week as we pushed through April, sweet , spring April. And cannot blame April from four weather or what feels like or what is April the month change the world is pushing itself up on its great axis so the sun might more fully and directly heat are part of the globe with the temperatures and the days I love. So, more snow in the mountains more rain in the valleys the grass is growing out of control and I am sitting in my house warm and toasty smelling a wonderful roast roast and thinking great thoughts for dinner.

Therapy was okay today. It was only an hour of physical therapy with Stephanie and that's okay I'm getting used to this therapist, likely – – in my opinion. I'm still making up my mind and trying to be open-minded. I am finding she is teach the stuff that I can use in my daily life as a person with a disability. I don't know how much I'm going to use her methodology of transfers and such but she is basically right course – – best practices along. I just know how I do my stuff it seems to work but I continue to challenge myself to keep an open mind as to these other forms of physical therapy and get what physical therapy I can that is helpful. Like with this therapist I get a little stretching not like I got in acute rehab but still stretching. I am doing some work and focusing on transferring. May have to reconsider what I want to accomplish with the time I have with the PT.

I'm so impressed with what we've accomplished so far this year. I'm so pleased that Dianne suggested we relocate our medical family to the death Star. The best part about being part of IMC's medical family is the convenience and professionalism of the programs we are using. Not that I could not get to any of the facilities that I was receiving physical therapy/occupational therapy from before I could take hours and a major part of my day. Now I can drive my chair over to TOSH and probably 7 to 10 minutes maybe a little longer but not much. It's a safe indirect role just enough to let me know that I've gone out that day. Staff at Tosh are professional and fun. Maybe just me and such unique find for them there excited to know what I know which I know sounds weird somewhat smug but it seems true. I'm loving this part of my outpatient rehabilitation.I was a bit disappointed at just one hour rehabilitations for me but at the same time when my therapist encouraged me to stay on and workout, use the weights in a Wellness fashion I thought about it but my eyes were drawn to the window next to the clouds dark menacing billowing up threatening to unleash moisture which I did not want to become up in. I thought about lifting weights but knew I could use my arm bike and play around the weights I have the house and be just fine. Maybe I will go in tomorrow and lift weights.


It's a wonderful spring day, will be in my room with my computer my art supplies and awaits I think I'm becoming a better me.

No comments: