Monday, April 18, 2016

New Beginnings Once Again


I am beginning my second week here at the house following my discharge from acute care at the hospital. It's been challenging to be back home – – don't get me wrong I love being home  and taking some time and patience getting back to where I was at before I left for this second stenosis operation. I think the great lesson I keep getting is that this is not the same house that I left a rather I am not the same person that was in this house that left. I am coming home are remarkably different person with significant differences than I had. I'm having to relearn how to do everything again simple things like dressing, making coffee, fetching things out of the refrigerator and especially things like toileting, showering and laying out my life and belongings.

For example I love my new room, which is really my old room but it has been painted, cleaned, decluttered and actually made accessible. However having said that, I'm having to figure out how to use the room. The great area they made for my art station has been taken over by my IT equipment and then back to the pullout drawers on my dad's Bureau which is okay but probably not ideal. Considering now how to make this my workstation/workstation. I also have issues trying to use my Saratoga silver. I don't know what is happening but I can't get close enough to the bike to really use it and I really need to get back into my physical regimen. I can feel myself getting weaker every day or maybe that's all my head. I should not worry about regressions so much. In fact I am going to my second set of sessions over at Tosh this afternoon. So hopefully I'll keep gaining strength in progress from over there and then work into any of the physical things I have here at the house. I found light-colored elastic bands or working on my arms a I am going g to figure out a way to make my Saratoga Functional for me.

I've really grown to like my new bed or mattress,, and finally deliciously wonderful sleep in or on the same holds true for the shower bench/chair it's really nice the shower. I feel safe and I'm able to watch myself a great deal independently. I still amusing the sling more than I would like to but still less than I was thinking I would have to so I should rejoice in muted blessings.I am really excited that I'm able to dress probably in the 95% level. It is a struggle I must admit getting my feet up over my Legs when I'm sitting down but I'm finding I am able to put my pants on and actually get my pants pulled up almost over but that's just great! I think it will be much easier once the weather finally stabilizes and we get heat and I begin wearing my short pants on a regular basis that should be much easier to dress hopefully I can continue to lose weight and be able to push myself with myself up and dressed myself by the time winter gets here. If I am so blessed to live through another season of winter.

It's a good day this day the beginning of the week/workweek. I am home, I am loved, I am fed, and I am being encouraged and I am becoming more and more independent… For the first time once again.



No comments: