Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Making The New Me


I'm the little worried about myself. I'm set nice little gym in my home. I have machine that I can do rows on and presses and even a little bit of rickshaw if I want to go through the trauma of doing a rickshaw without a rickshaw. Plus I have my ever present Saratoga Silver which I love but it seems that something has happened to me and I can't seem to reach the crank as well as I used to. I used it once in that time I've been home – – actually that's twice. I need to work out with the machine every day are some form of everyday routine. I finally figured out if Dianne inserts pillow tween the side of my chair and the right side of my body, which pushes me more upright and straight in my chair ,straighter which allows me to get a fairly decent stroke on the pedals or hand pedals. That is good I can get back to using my machine. Before I used to do the machine every day when I was not at Wellness which was like every other day. Now I'm only at outpatient rehab once maybe twice a week. I need to be using my equipment much more. In fact since I only have outpatient therapy twice a week and one of those days of rehab/OT will be out my house. This is way cool in that it allows the OT/PT's to see how I do things at the house and possibly what mistakes I might be making our but I could be doing better to make my rehabilitation even better for me. I'm so fortunate that I have ran into professionals that believe the home environment is a key and important piece is not viable to the rehabilitation occupational therapy process. Just makes sense to me and I sure appreciated their ability and willingness to assist me in this next most important step of my new life. I need to find and use everything at my disposal to bring about the new me.

Yesterday I even dug out my thera– bands, different colors of elastic bands indicating different strengths of resistance that you can use to do passive exercises. They really believe in that much at first couple years ago when I was first exposed to them I thought it was sort of like a training copout however since I've used them I have notice and defining of muscle as well as general relief of shoulder pain and general strengthening. I do not know why it's taken me so long to integrate the bands I can do my daily regimen but now I think I have. I think part of the issue was how I used to secure the bands in place.

 Since I've come home I just changed and the anchors I used to use for my Thera bands are no longer around so I've used some of the equipment in my room/weight room. Once again I think I'm fighting my impatience that I think I need to be doing this overnight in getting back to where I was at before the operations and the bottom line is: I can't return to where I was that me is no longer relevant, That me is no longer available – – I have to make use of the new me who I am becoming and who the new me is to be.



No comments: