Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Sticky Wheel

Me and my Arjo

A couple years ago we bought what is commonly called a patient left. The lift was used that was all hydraulic and all electric. We got the lift when I separated the state at my retirement when I got a lump sum payment for vacation days taken. We thought the lift would be a good investment For times coming down the line. Little did really realize just how much we would need such a device. As you know, those of you who read this, couple of years ago I had my first stenosis operation which left me significantly disabled– – More so than have ever been and needing this left more than I thought I would. Dianne down the lift online One of her many searches. The lift of course was used but at a good price. We've enjoyed the purchase every day that we use the left.


I don't know when the caster failed or began to fail. We first noticed the problem when the page staff we were using started complaining about wheel sticking on the left. The casters of course are supposed to swivel freely making pushing the left back and forth from the bed to the toilet, shower and back to bed and easy task. The sticking caster though made Pushing the device with the person loaded in sling namely me major chore. We have suffered with this more than a year. Actually last summer I began the process of trying to find a replacement caster then But became defeated when the person needed to visit with was not available for one reason or another, classic getting caught in the institutional minutia of business. Then came the whole issue of hospitalizations,, operations and rehabilitation. We have been doing well since I returned home from the acute care facility except for the issue of the lift with the sticking wheel. So this week I want my tasks to be fixing the problem. Today I spent a good hour On the phone getting home the folks Arjo and I did it. I called Arjo international and eventually wound up with Arjo Central which is a Colorado. My dismay I found my left is obsolete meaning they do longer make parts for the device. So I did find somebody at the Colorado plan a great person and René who actually went and rifled through the bends and found the last caster for my model of Arjo. I found what I needed. We ordered the part and hopefully the part has been shipped and we should give it a couple of days. The cost was $181! I cannot believe it. I hope the part works and fixes the problem Of the sticky wheel.

No comments: