Friday, April 22, 2016

I Am Just A Tool

It's kind of weird my new schedule where I am only going in for OT/PT once or twice a week. And specifically this week where my OT is coming to my house to work with us in the home setting. I don't What it is but it feels like there are a few lite. And once I said that I feel that's not entirely true either. Just when I do go I get a full hour to hour workout seems just not what I was used to getting before in either the sniff or the acute care setting. I am transferring a little and that's okay but I'm no longer getting stretched and I was sort of getting into The stretching. And even though I don't seem to be doing as much in the OT PT I still am getting a full workout it feels very tired went down but I really work aren't focused on specific details. Like yesterday I spent seem like a good hour just pushing myself up, are trying to push myself up to the quadruped position which is pushing myself up to my hands and my knees and then the therapist either has me sit back on my hunches which stretches my leg muscles to a certain degree or do push-ups and I Really should put push-ups in quotation marks because there really lite push-ups. And I should acknowledge the fact that yesterday was a no charge session. My therapist Stephanie was out of town on a wedding. So little Jed, the physical therapist students/trainee provided my therapy. Jed is a good job, he's just a little goofy. Actually a little honest. He's all focused on what the therapist should be so is all overprotective – – and really that's what you're therapist are too that's kind of funny See them all poised to catch the second I start doing face plant are something. Each is hyper focused.

I was in the facility, the acute rehab, the Doc messed around with my medications a little bit. I'm still getting almost hyper tone but I am living with the tone fairly well most of the time. The tone is significant to the point that the Doc prescribed me Zanaflex which I guess is another heavy duty medication for spasticity are tone. I was hesitant to go on another zoner but to help me sleep and really, my spasticity I was willing to give it a shot. However, everything comes at the cost and this cost is the fact that it zones me under – – you know like that you under a layer of cotton. I wasn't sure if that was happening, I sensed I was a little more tired than usual but it's hard to tell since I often sleepy from lack of sleep. But it was yesterday when interacting with Jed that the nonchalantly indicated that I was perhaps a little more dull than I used to be. I heard this a little bit before from other therapists and I really didn't put much stock into comments however when Jed said I was a little more dull it took hold. You don't know why that bothers me much, Just comment just brought home how much my affect must've changed. And really I can't see I am that much different but I must be people are noticing..


I am hoping with time my body will build up resistance to whatever property of the drug is causing my affect to change. I don't also have a dozen I guess so what I will just be less sharp than the other tools in the shed after all I guess are all just tools in the end .

No comments: